Chapter 15: Willow Tree and a Way Out

Later in the Chapter, you will see dialogue underlined and italics. This is when they are talking to each other.

Chapter 15: Willow Tree and a Way Out

Kira's POV

I didn't move. If I moved even the slightest muscle, I would only feel pain. I know Zia, Ashe and Celeste would feel it too, and I didn't want to burden or worry them, so I sat in the same spot, refusing to move. Leia isn't here anymore, so I don't have anyone to talk to.

I could feel the darkness around me. The shadows on the wall, mocking me. The drips of water falling to the ground. I listened to the trees swaying in the wind. I could hear the leaves rustling as the wind blows. I can feel the darkness in my head spreading and my mind started to reel. I put a hand to my temples and I could feel my conscious starting to slip away.

Zia's/Ashe's/Celeste's POV

We could feel Kira being pulled under by sleep, but she was fighting it. But, in the end, sleep won. It's been a few days since Kira had been captured and we were forced to stay here. We have been searching all over Magnolia, but she's not here anymore.

When Kira had escaped the first time, the only one who was there was Ebony, and that's because we all had a lack of food and Kira gave all her strength to Ebony to help her. We can remember bits and pieces of it, but that's it. After that, Kira refused to talk about what happened back there and blocked almost all of her memories of it, so much that even pieces of her could not break it.

We were now in the guild, most of the guild members forming a plan to find and rescue Kira. We were sitting in a chair, some distance from the planning party. Mai ran over to us and hugged our arm. "She's not being hurt right now, is she?" she asked us, worried. Natsu also came over, just as worried about her.

"No, but I can feel her going a little bit crazy." Zia said.

"She's awake now, but she's-" Celeste started, but was cut off by the screaming in our head.

Zia! Ashe! Celeste! We grabbed our temple with our left hand and gripped the chair's arm with our right. We doubled over and rested the back of our left hand against our knees. Guys. I need your help. He won't leave me alone! He even sleeps in my cell now.

Kira, where are you? Zia asked her.

We have been looking all over Magnolia for you. Ashe added.

We're not in Magnolia. I don't know what's it called. I'm chained up and the chains are a lot stronger than last time, so I can't get out. Look for the willow tree. We waited to hear her voice again, but it never came. We felt the pressure on our head go away as quickly as it came.

We quickly stood up from the chair, which scared both Natsu and Mai. Willow tree. We closed our eyes and searched our memories for a willow tree, but we came up empty. We shook our head and jogged over to the Master, two people in tow.

"Do you know where any willow trees are?" Celeste asked him.

"Willow trees?" he repeated. He put his hand on chin and thought for a moment. "No, I don't. Sorry."

We frowned and did the same thing he did. "Kira said, 'look for the willow tree', but what did she mean by it." Ashe muttered.

"Wait, you talked to Kira? When?" Mai asked, excited and hopeful. Mai grabbed our arm and pulled us down to her.

"Yeah, when we had the headache. She pushed herself into our mind, but I'm surprised because it takes a lot of power to do so." Zia explained. "I don't expect to talk to her again for a while."

Just as we said this, the headache returned and an image quickly formed in our mind. Images took a lot less power than words. "I need paper and a pencil. Immediately." Ashe snapped at Natsu and he took off running. He quickly returned and we sat down at a table.

We sketched the image in our head onto the paper in front of us. We will find you, Kira. We promise.

Kira's POV

I need to find a way out of here and soon. I'm afraid I will go crazy if I stayed locked up here alone anymore. Before I escaped, Shade used to unchain me and let me sleep in his room. But, this was when he thought I liked him as much as he liked me. Maybe if I get him to think like that, I'll be able to escape again.

Fear crawled into my heat and just then, Shade came into the room with a tray of food and a water bottle. He set the tray down in front of me and turned to leave. Before he got even one step, I quickly grabbed his jacket and he froze.

"Please. Don't go." I whispered. He glanced back at me and I started to cry. "I don't want to be alone anymore." Shade took the bait and sat down next to me, silent.

It was a few minutes after I ate when he finally said something. "What made you change your mind?" he asked me. He looked at me and started staring at me, like he was staring into my soul.

"I remembered how it felt staying in your room. I was so much more happy and I felt safer there." I answered. It wasn't a lie because I really did feel happier in his room. I got a bit more food and water, plus he beat me up less, so it was definitely better up there.

I did a quick glance up at Shade and looked away, trying to coy. "I feel myself going crazy down here. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to be with you." I said. Shade reached into his pocket and pulled out a key, dangling it in front of my face. It was the key to the chains I was forced to wear.

Shade smiled at me and I saw it was a dangerous smile. "If you want to leave this room, you have to kiss me." he said. I just stared at him, disgusted by the thought, but I grabbed his face and kissed him, wanting to leave that badly. He froze for a minute before he relaxed under my grip.

When I pulled away, he unlocked the chains on my feet and hands, but then he handcuffed us together. I wasn't shocked by this, I knew he would do something like this, just to make sure I don't run away.

"I have to know I can trust you." he said. "If you tried to kill me or run away, I'll unchain you, but if you do, you will be brought right back here." I nodded and he smiled.

He grabbed me and wrapped us up in shadows. He brought us into a hallway. We walked until we reached the end of the hall and he opened up the door in front of us. Inside was a huge room that had a kitchen, living room and a bed all in one room. I saw another door and remembered it to be the bathroom.

"Home sweet home." he said, smiling. I pulled a fake smile on my face and nodded. I couldn't feel happiness since Zia was no longer in my body, but I could fake it as well as the next guy. I look back at the room and started thinking of a plan.