Chapter 16: Riddles and Memories

Zia's/Ashe's/Celeste's POV

Look for the willow tree. That was what Kira had told us before sending us an image of a willow tree by a lake. What did she mean by that? Is it close to where she is?

We were laying in bed with Leia in our neck and Mai hugging the right side of our stomach. Natsu hasn't came in yet, but by the time we wake up, he will be on the opposite side of my body that Mai's on, hugging my stomach with Mai.

What willow tree? Our head was starting to hurt, but it was due to overthinking and not Kira trying to talk to us. We pulled Mai's arms off of is and slid out of bed easily. We walked to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Our eyes swirled around like a galaxy, mostly thanks to Celeste. You could see Ashe's and Zia's eyes color's, but they blended in so well with the galaxy that it was hard to notice. Our hair was a different story.

It was a deep shade of red with golden highlights and black soaking underneath it. Kira always said she was jealous because she would love to have just this mixture instead of all the colors she had in her hair. She said it makes her look like a punk wanna-be.

We opened got some water and chugged it down. We stayed for a moment before leaving the bathroom, almost running into Lucy. "Oh, sorry." Celeste said. We scratch our head and walked back to our room. Mai and Leia were still asleep, so we didn't want to wake them.

We walked over to the window and looked up at the brilliant moon above. It was so beautiful and fill. The stars sparkled in the sky just perfectly. Kira would have loved this sight.

We grabbed a piece of paper and sketch the scene the best we could, but it didn't hold the same beauty. But, knowing Kira, she would frame it and carry it around with here. She's just that nice. Well, Kira would also get our memories when we merge, so we also burned the image into our memories, just for her.

Willow tree? Willow tree? We kept repeating. In an instant, we saw a little girl crying by a willow tree on the full moon. It was like a projector just projected the image on the moon's surface.

We closed our eyes and tried to pull the image back to us, but it didn't come back. We grabbed the sleeping Leia and ran out of the house. Mai ended up waking up when we grabbed Leia and chased after us. We ran up the path to Natsu and Happy's house and pounded on their door.

Natsu swung the door open, looking awake and alert. "What's wrong? What happened? Did we find Kira?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with hope. we would hate to crush it, Ashe less hating it that Zia and Celeste, but still not exactly excited to throw his dreams into the trash.

"No, not yet." Ashe said, pushing their way inside. "But, we have an idea and we need you and Happy to come." Natsu nodded and woke up Happy. "We need to fly there."

"Where are we going?" Natsu asked.

"Somewhere that we remembered. It was a special place where Kira always went. When our parents left us, she hid there for a while." Zia explained.

"And that's important why?" Mai asked. Leia wrapped her tail around us and we grabbed Mai. Happy grabbed Natsu and we flew up into the sky. We smiled at them.

"Because. It has a huge willow tree there." Celeste said. We heard Mai gasp and we flew in silence.

*-*_*-*_*-*

We were close. We pulled Leia's tail off of us and wrapped it around Mai. We were about ten feet up, but Ashe wanted us to run the rest of the way. Zia was able to bend some of the moonlight as we fell towards the Earth. Once we hit the ground, Ashe pushed our body to run. We could all feel it in our bones that we were running the right way.

We kept running and Leia and Happy flew behind us with Natsu and Mai with them. We saw the tree up ahead and we pushed our body harder towards it. When we got there, we could see that night perfectly. It was the night our dragons left. Kira ran here and hid for a while.

She had pushed all of us out. She wanted to be alone, but she wanted to feel the pain and loss of the parents. The others went to look for her, but Ashe refused too. She was angry that Kira left them all behind because she didn't want to feel anything anymore.

Back then, nobody knew where she was, but Zia just walked in a direction. At first, it was a random direction, but then something gripped her heart and pulled her in the right way. Zia walked over to the tree and saw Kira's back towards her.

"What are you doing here?" Kira asked Zia, coldly. Kira didn't seem surprise Zia had found her, she didn't even turn around.

"I think it's really pretty here." Zia said, smiling cooly. "The moonlight reflects off the water so prettily." Zia watched the water slowly flow and glistened under the moon's beautiful gaze. Kira didn't say anything for a minute.

"I want to be happy." Kira said. "I don't want to feel pain and despair and anxiety... But, I know they are apart of me. I'm nothing special to the world and if I left, the world would still go on."

I wanted to say something cheerful, but I couldn't. I saw the other girls had caught up with us and now stood all around the tree with us. Kira sighed and stood up, a rock in her hand. She threw the rock and then looked up to the moon.

"But who cares. The world may go on, but everyone who knew us, their world may stop. We are all special in our own way and nobody can take our place." Kira said, more to herself than us. Ebony touched her back and merged with her. Tears flowed down her face as sadness, depression and anxiety filled her.

Ashe was the next one to touch her and merge. Kira clenched her fists in anger and screamed as loud as she could as anger rolled over her sadness. Snow was next. Kira unclenched her fist and sighed, uncaring about the situation. Celeste was next. Kira laughed as hope and trust filled her heart. Aire was next. Kira looked down and smiled to herself.

"I wonder what's going to happen next." Kira asked to herself as curiosity swirled around her mind. Clover was next.

"I think will make it out in the world. Somehow, some way." she said, honestly. Ocean was after. "Maybe I'll find some more friends." And I was the last one to merge with her. Kira clenched her fist and smiled at it. "I will definitely make it."

We pulled ourself out of the memory, our cheeks wet with tears. "The world may go on, but everyone who knew us, their world may stop. We are all special in our own way and nobody can take our place." All three of us said in unison, remembering Kira's words.

We felt the familiar pull on our heart and it was the same thing we all felt from that night. "Kira!" we screamed together, running in the direction our heart pulled us.

We are going to get you back. Our world stopped when you left us alone, but we will return it back. We will find you!

Hey, guys. So I just wanna say, thanks for reading. I'm making this author note, so I can make things a little more clear just in case. When Kira pushes out her doubles, she ends up losing the personality along with the doubles she pushed out and the double get that personality. Now for who gets what:

Aire, who is the Air Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of curiosity, childish and shyness. Ashe, who is the Fire Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of anger, pride, passion and leadership. Celeste, who is a Celestial Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of faith and trust. Clover, who is the Earth Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of honesty, loyalty and sincerity.

Ebony, who is the Shadow Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of anxiety, sadness, depression and irrationality. Ocean, who is the Water Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of impulsion and nurturing. Snow, who is the Ice Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of coldness and uncaring. Zia, who is the Light Dragon Slayer, is the possessor of happiness and bravery.

When they are all out, she is a normal human, but she has no emotions. When they re-entered her body, she gets flooded with the emotions. They can talk telepathically, but it takes up a lot of energy and power to do so. Images are easier.