Chapter 12

"I was so scared when I saw him holding you by the neck! I wish I could have done something, I felt so useless." Jennifer says shamefully. After Jax and I talked, and all my bruises were fully healed, he let me come check on Jennifer. I felt better seeing her safe and okay. But something seems to be different about her.

"Are you okay?" I ask her curious about what was up with her. She looks at me confused. She plays with her hair trying to hold back a smile, thinking of an answer for me.

"You found your mate didn't you?" I blurt out, its the only thing I could think of. She shoots her head up so fast, her eyes wide with shock.

"How'd you know, did, uh the alpha tell you?" She asks curious, I just give her a smile. Shaking my head no, Jennifer was an open book to me, there was nothing the girl could hide from me. 

"It just radiates off of you." She gives the biggest smile. I've never seen her smile so genuinely before, not even I can make her smile so big. Her cheeks turning a shade of pink and her heartbeat speeding up at the thought of her mate.

"Who is it?" The mystery was starting to get to me. Jennifer was a strong wolf, even though she was scared of everything and looked weak, she was born with beta blood. Her dad being beta of a pack that once was. Since she was so young when the rouges slaughtered her pack she wasn't given the training every pup born within the alpha command was required. I always think about what her life would have been like if my parents hadn't ripped everything away from her, if her pack was still alive and she still had her family. She would have been strong, confident, and tough. 

"It's Zane." She bursts out too excited to keep in. My mouth drops at the mention of his name. I just try to hold in my laugh.

"Your mate is that idiot?" She gives me a look and I wave her off. As much as Zane annoys me, it makes sense. They both belongs betas, they both have beta blood.

"I'm sorry, it's just he annoys me. But I'm so happy for you." I reassure her, she smiles again.

"So what's happening? Have you guys talked about everything?" She shrugs, still smiling.

"Yea kind of, it's still so new. It's so weird my emotions are very heightened right now, and all I could think about is him." She huffs out. I chuckle knowing exactly how that feels. I smile knowing that she finally has a place. Now that she has a mate, especially one in the alpha command, and as long as Zane accepts her, no one will protest or go against the will of their beta. 

"Yea that's normal, you'll get used to it after a while. Everything will work out, you deserve this so be happy and excited, don't care about what others think okay? Plus he'd be an idiot not to accept you. That and I'd definitely kick his ass if he rejects you." I state honestly, Jennifer is the sister I never had. If anyone hurt her or caused her any grief they'd have to answer to me. She giggles at my statement while twirling a strand of hair in between her fingers.

"Oh, so what happened with Jax?" She changes the subject. My mood starts to change, not knowing g exactly how I feel about him knowing pretty much everything about me. But also happy to know where he stands with me, almost giddy with excitement with how much we have progressed with each other. Hoping this will be good for the both of us.

"Well he knows practically everything." I admit to her. Surprised by my confession, she starts shooting me questions.

"He knows about your parents? Does he know about Chris too?" I nod. She sits in silence while I'm still freaking out on the inside about how vulnerable I was with him how weak I looked. Stressed about sharing my deep dark secrets with another person aside from Jennifer. 

"He also knows about the other thing." I hint to her, there's always people listening, I have to be careful around here.

"You weren't kidding when you said he knows practically everything. How'd he take it?" I breath, remembering our conversation from earlier.