Chapter 18

Lazarus

I sat on Mariahs couch calling Luna over and over. Still no answer. It was just sending me strait to the voicemail.

I leaned forward rubbing my hair back and forth.

"Shiiit....where is she?"

It had been hours since we left the mall and we still couldn't find her.

Mariah came and sat next to me bringing me some water.

"Don't worry Zar. She's probably out just getting her fix. The argument prolly blew her high or somethin. She's nothin but an addict." she said nonchalantly.

My face heated up. "Don't talk about her like that. She's not JUST an addict. She's so much more then that."

Luna was my world. She rocked it and made life exciting. She was my moon and I was the earth. My tides rise everytime she's near me.

And even though she cause chaos I love it.

I got up grabbing my jacket. "Let me know if you hear anything from her."

Mariah stood up beating me to the door. "Wait..Laz I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset."

Her warm brown eyes pleaded for my forgiveness. I know I couldn't stay mad at Mariah. I sighed "It's alright Mimi. I gotta get back home though. I'll see you later."

I hugged her and she held onto me tightly. Her body was so warm pressed against mine. It felt good.

We stood hugging for longer then we prolly should have.

What are you DOING LAZ?

I pulled away but she grabbed my face and kissed my lips softly.

I knew it was wrong but I couldn't stop. My body wouldn't let me. Mariahs lips were sucking onto mine pulling me closer.

My hands were around her waist and hers hand dropped to my neck. Our lips danced until they got tired.

We stood there just staring at one another. She wanted me.

And I knew I wasn't supposed to...but I wanted her too.

"I..uhh...I gotta go Mimi....I can-"

"Shut up and come here." she dragged me back into her lips. It didn't take much cause I wasn't putting up a fight at all.

It felt so right.

She pulled me towards the couch and pushed me down straddling my lap. Our lips never leaving one another.

No. No noooo you can NOT have sex with this girl. THATS CHEATIN LAZ...YOU WANA BE A CHEATER WITH YA FIRST GIRLFRIEND?

Her shirt was on the floor when I snapped out of my thoughts. She looked so delicious. Her brown skin so smooth.

I leaned in sucking on her neck. Her perfume invading my senses making me high.

I sucked and licked along her collarbone down to her breast. She moaned my name out slowly. I started getting hard underneath her.

Then...I saw the birth mark on her shoulder.

Her and Luna shared the same birth mark even though they were cousins. I stared at it wide eyed as my senses came back to.

"I-i gotta go...." I looked at her.

"No you don't Laz."

I pushed her up gently getting off of the couch. "Yeah I do. I'm...I'm sorry Mariah."

I grabbed my wallet and hurried out of the door as fast as I could. I needed to get out of there before I did something I regret.
------------

I laid on my pallet when Daryl came stumbling in.

"Didn't I tell you to CLEAN MY FUCKIN KITCHEN BOI!!" he barreled towards me.

Luna was still missing and I was not in the mood for his bullshit. This has to stop.

He picked me up by the collar on my shirt. "Did you hear me Bitch?" he growled.

I smiled in his face.

"Yeah Daryl....I heard you. But I'm not doin it."

His eyes burned with rage as he punched me letting me fall to the ground.

I spit the blood out as he came for me then he stopped.

Eyes wide.

I held the knife up to his throat. "Yeahhh....that's right. Calm yo ass down." A smile still plastered on my face.

I'd bought a few things to defend myself at home. I was tired of the bullshit. I refused to get beat endlessly anymore.

He stared at me "You betta kill me right now muthafuka cause if you don't this will be yo last day alive."

I just stared at him. I was prepared to end his life right there. All the pain and hurt he had caused me. He was the reason I am the way I am.

Shy, quiet, critical. All of that because of him.

My mom stepped in the door screaming. "Lazarus!! What are you doin?"

I looked at her and he used the opportunity to jump on me.

I fell back as he got on top of me beating me endlessly.

His blows rocked my body with pain. My face, my chest, everything hurt. He was relentless. I could hear my mom screaming but she sounded distant cause I was fading out.

Everything went blurry and my mind escaped.
--------------

Luna
I made my way back home. My phone had died but I didn't care.

When I opened the door Mariah came down the hall to see who it was.

"It's just me."

She ran over and hugged me. "I'm glad you're okay Lu. We were so worried about you."

A look of confusion cover my face. "You....you were?"

She nodded. "Yeah...Laz was here all day waiting on you. He left not to long ago."

Something was weird about her tone. I didn't like it.

"Oh...ok well...I'll go over his house and spend the night. My phone died so that's why I didn't answer."

She nodded "Oh okay. Where did you go?"

"Oh just over Jasons house to talk. Thats all we did was talk."

She gave me the mmmhhmm yeah right look.

"No really. I'm staying loyal. I like Laz too much to break his heart."

She smiled and mumbled something as she walked away. Mariah had been acting weird lately. I don't know whats going on but I don't have time to find out either.

I grabbed an overnight bag and knocked on Mariahs bedroom door.

She stood there in a tank top. Small red bruises along her neckline.

I squinted and then pushed it off. "Can I use your car? I'll be back in the morning." she nodded.

"Yeah. Keys on the kitchen table."

I grabbed the keys and left out heading for his house.