chapter 1- Stuck in a cupboard

First impressions - written by Humayra and co-writer Raeesa.

© Humayra Patel

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys this is the first book I've written! don't forget to vote and comment! I hope you enjoy:)

-----------------------------------------> Aria

Chapter 1 - stuck in a cupboard

First impressions are usually my strong point. I can give the impression that I'm cheeky, shy, or extremely sassy, and I can usually do a pretty good job, but as I stood in this dim lit cupboard in silence facing a boy who didn't look nearly as confused as I did, I started to doubt that.

I've always hated being the new girl, especially because I was starting a boarding school for the first time. The way I see it, the faster my parents could get rid of me, the better! I’ve never minded though, I would hate if they were the over protective type and were all up in my business.

Within the first few hours of arriving here, I had already met an old friend; Lewis, from my second primary school. Have I mentioned that I move schools A LOT?! We had arranged to meet at 12:00 in the year 11 lounge for lunch. I bet he was waiting for long, probably wondering where the hell I was.

I had spent at least 20 minutes looking for the year 11 lounge because the school’s a lot bigger than I thought. When I finally came to the last door in the main hallway, I entered hoping that this was it, but to my disappointment, it was just an old supply cupboard with very dim lighting. I turned around reaching out for the handle, but before I had a chance, a boy of similar age rushed in,and as he noticed me standing there awkwardly, he put his finger to his lip, ushering me to be silent.

And there I was, in some stuffy cupboard staring at this guy, watching his every move. His shoulders were tense and his hair had fallen messily into his grey eyes, but all the while he was listening intently for any movement outside. It was clear he was hiding from someone, but who?

It seemed like we had been standing there in silence for an age, when I took in my surroundings. Mostly piles of dusty books which took up most of the space and the bleak grey walls. I looked up to observe the boy again and I noticed the tension release from his soldiers, he then let out a quick sigh relief, and opened the door to leave. Just before he left, he turned around on the heel of his foot and muttered,

"Thanks, I owe you one.”

By this point I had a number of questions circling my head and I carelessly called out,

"Really? Is that all you're going to say?! I mean, who were you hiding from?"

He stopped in his tracks, turning around and said, "Ooh, someone's nosey.”

I blushed at this comment, suddenly realising how harshly I had questioned him. I was known for being a little nosey....ok maybe I just can't bear to not know something!. For the second time he started walking, intending to leave, but yet again I stopped him,

"Wait!" I called out. He turned around, staring straight into my blue eyes,

"Yes your majesty?" I looked at him with a little sass in my mood, "I don't even know your name!" A smile overwhelmed his face and he replied,

"Oh, I'm Tyler".

And before I had a chance to further interrogate him he was out the door and out of sight.

---------------------------------------------
------------------------> Aria to the right
Thnx for reading my first chapter:) please vote or comment!