Everyone is Savior to Someone

Dark clouds lined the city as Sam and Gabriel landed among the campus within Palo Alto, freezing rain stinging Sam's cheeks as he shivered. Gabriel took in a shaky breath, his wings glowing and providing a bit more light against the almost black sky.

"W-what the hell is going on?" Sam chattered, bundling closer to his jacket as the rain slid from his hair down his neck, causing chills to run up and down his spine.

"Lucifer is angry," Gabriel whispered, panic in his eyes as he dragged Sam towards the dorm, a sinking feeling in his chest.

"Why are they coming here, Gabe?" Sam whispered as the reached the entrance of the dorm, heat flooding around them, but they had no time to relish in it as they hurried towards the stairs.

"They're screaming. They want me to feel the same pain I forced on them," Gabriel choked out, his wing wrapping tightly around Sam and not giving a second thought to the alarmed stared of other students as they passed.

A door burst open near the end of the hallway and Lucifer stalked out, a snarl on his face as he glared at everything in his path. His eyes met Sam and Gabriel and he let out a growl, slamming his fist into the wall and not even sparing it a glance as it cracked and crumbled underneath his knuckles.

"Castiel is not in there," Lucifer hissed, and Gabriel took a deep breath, running his hands through his hair as he let out a string of swears.

"Sam, where else would they be?" Gabriel asked, a desperation in his eyes as Sam swallowed, clenching his jaw as he tried to think.

"Let me call Dean," Sam suggested, pulling out his phone and tapping on Dean's number. He held it up to his ear, and when Dean answered, he could have cried out in relief.

"Where are you and Cas?" Sam asked, a slight panic in his voice as the situation was finally sinking its way into his mind. It was obvious that Dean realized the fear, as he was silent for a moment before he spoke.

"We're picking up medicine for Castiel at the pharmacy," Dean answered, a wariness to his voice that Sam recognized well, "Why? What's going on?"

"The monsters are after Cas. Get away from windows and doors until we get there," Sam ordered, forcing himself to remain calm. He didn't wait for Dean's response before he hung up, as he knew his brother would do what he said before he turned to both of the angels.

"They're at the pharmacy," Sam said, only to freeze when he a screech in the distance, a faint echo that managed to permeate the building in seep into the hallway.

"The Maneluctus are closing in," Lucifer spat before disappearing with a flutter of wings. Sam barely had a chance to blink before Gabriel grabbed his arm and he was flung into the flurry that raced around him and left him stumbling back as they landed, his back finding an aisle shelf that held him, though just barely.

He shook his head, trying to be rid of the dizziness before he opened his eyes, searching the pharmacy, relief flooding through his chest as he saw both Dean and Castiel alive and well, in the far corner away from any of the windows and door that lined the shop.