Chapter 1

He flipped his hair as he laughed.

I watched him from the other side of the cafeteria, close enough as I scrunched my nose deep into my Anatomy book. His Cerulean eyes are in its brightest hue as he laughed.

“Char…Char…Char…” Yes, I know. My friends used to call me Char. Well, my mom has a deep fascination for yellow green, so she named me Chartreuse.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Chartreuse Rogers zoned- off again” Erin, one of my best friend said.

“What?” I asked

“Well hello to you too, Char. I have been discussing the Femur and stuff here about muscles for the exam and you zoned off like nothing is important? May I just remind you that our departmental exam later is more important than ogling for Mr. Jared Colton over th—“

I need to cut Erin’s rant about Jared. He doesn’t have any idea that I have a big crush on him. His Cerulean eyes, thin lips, sun- kissed complexion, and his brown boyish hair, wait. I am dreaming again. Need to be back. Yes. I put my hand over Erin’s mouth as she continue to rant.

She stepped on my foot causing me to release my hand over her mouth.

“What is your problem, Chart-y? If I were you, I’ll go over that table and talk to Jared about these things on body muscles after all, who knows better than the son of a famous physician and an owner of Colton Memorial Hospital?”

As I was pretending to listen to Erin’s rant, I have noticed the table where Jared and his friends are sitting became empty.

“My ladies, May I invite you to my house party tonight at 8?” Zachary, faking an accent.

“I don’t think we can go be—“ I felt a hard pinch on my side “Ouch!”

“She mean, we will!” Erin giggled. “Say, anything you require to wear?”

“Anything that you will look steamin’ hot!” Zac said while making his eyebrows move. What a man! “And to you, my dear Char, please no thick and nerdy glasses” as he tried to pull of my eye glasses.

I slapped his hand and he jerked away. “See you ladies!” as I gaped my mouth open to his retreat out of the cafeteria with my Jared. Wait. Did I just say ‘my’?

“Don’t you dare leave me waiting in front of your lawn tonight Char.”

“what if I don’t come out?”

“I’ll rip your tissues out and present that to Dr. Cara for our Practical exam next week.”

“You’re serious about replacing the cat’s tissues with mine?”

“Yup!” popping her lips with the ‘p’. “Well, as a matter of fact-ly, you can save yourself by letting me stay in your house after the exam—“

“Erin, uhm I-I y-you know I have never been int—“

“party! I know, that’s why I am bringing you there”

“but you don’t understand, we still have Zoology exam tomorrow and—“

“No.”

“and I can’t go without my glasses because I can’t see in the dark, and—“

“I’ll buy you contacts and No” She said while closing her books and applying some lip gloss.

“and I don’t have something to wear tonight so I guess I’ll be staying home and Idontdrinkalcoholicbeverages!” there I said the last part as soon as I can.

“Chartreuse, I will buy you contacts and dress later. I will not force you to drink at the party and yes I will buy a chocolate drink for you to munch for the party, and lastly, OUR FREAKIN’ EXAM IN ZOOLOGY WAS CANCELLED 4 DAYS AGO!”

She shouted the last sentence but the bell is way too loud than hers.