Chapter 3

“Char, 2 minutes! Or I’ll be running up stairs and get your tissues out of your system!” Erin said in an harmonious tone.

“So… what do you say?!” I asked as I stepped down the stairs.

Erin left her face hanging at me. So I have to make something out of it. “Is that a thumbs-up look or thumbs- down look?!”

“ha-ha very funny, you are going to a party missy, and WITHOUT A MAKE UP? Are you serious?”

“look Erin, you forced me to wear this very very very short dress and now you are trying to paint my face?”

“If I were you Char, I’ll go up stairs… No, let me do that”. As Erin dragged me back and patted my face with the BB+ cream. Yes. Hooray.

After 30 hilarious minutes… I was seated inside my car driving to the house of this Zachary Thompson. Erin seems very excited since she really like parties, on contrary and obviously, I don’t.

“If you just hold that steering wheel for the next minute, I’ll leave you here without this” holding my chocolate drink in a glass, wait… my chocolate drink in a glass?

“why is that on a glass?” I inquire.

“Erin texted me that you are not drinking liquors so I decided to put a chocolate drink on the menu to help you go along with” Zac answered for Erin.

I pulled Erin, not that far from Zac to hear, “I know you are the one who put that up.” She just giggled, as I felt the cold glass forced in my hand.

“finest chocolate drink for you, I ordered that immediately when I heard the news.” Zac laughed as he smile at me.

“Take a gulp, please?!” Good. Just good. Here now is my Jared. Ow, did I just say MY Jared? Argh, never mind. What should I do, I don’t want to give him the assumption that I am picky at drinks, especially those which are being offered by his best friend. I felt the chocolate drink brushed my dried throat, nothing unusual from the taste, seems to be pure chocolate. Ow well.

“he- he-hey! That’s my good girl.” Zac said once I showed him the empty glass, “Ladies, the night is young, Enjoy! Erin, see you around!”

“yes, as if!” Erin responded obviously not interested on Zac.

“and Char, careful with that drink” Jared pointing on the glass at my hand and turned his heels away after.

What is on my drink? As far as I know, Chocolate drink can’t harm somebody or else he is reminding me of the tummy ache. I scrutinize the glass, nothing’s wrong.

“hey, Char! I assure you, you’ll run once the glass talked to you!” Erin said.

The loud music is banging in my ears, it is as if my ear drums are going to blast off itself. I settled myself beside Erin at the bar, me enjoying my 5th chocolate drink while Erin moan on her 3rd vodka.

I felt a slight nudged on my side, lifting my face from my glass, I saw Erin being sensually pulled by Nichols, another schoolmate specializing in Dermatology on the other side of the house.

Call me. She mouthed. That was the last image of Erin I thought of that night.

From my 5th glass to my 9th chocolate drink. I feel bloated. I was left alone with loud music. My best friend is nowhere in sight, and I don’t know anybody. I asked the kind bartender for the wash room, he delightfully directed me where.

I called Erin thrice inside the bathroom, hoping that she’ll answer so that I can tell her I will head home now. I grew tired of hearing the ring- back tone of wrecking ball so I decided to text her: heading home, text me if I’ll pick you up late night.or you’ll take a cab. Hav FUN!

I gathered my hair in a messy bun and searched for my keys inside the bag. Good. The music is very loud. I simply smiled as I hear moans inside the cubicles, knowing that there are a lot of people making out.

I am starting to get dizzy when I headed out of the bathroom so I asked for water. Unfortunately, the bar tender did not understand what I am talking about and handed me a cocktail drink. Of course I didn’t drink it.

2 minutes and I caught myself in front of my car fishing out for my keys. Great! I left it on the sink! I headed inside again, up stairs to be exact where my keys are, this time I am really really dizzy.

I found my keys and headed out of the bathroom. I bumped into a body. A familiar one. The scent my nose familiarize for couple of years now. I looked up to see a drunk Jared.

“Oopps! Sorry!”

Jared grabbed me by my wrist. “Where to, Char?”

“home, you see, I am really really dizzy, I don’t know what’s with the chocolate drink!”

Jared laughed as if something is funny. “I told you to be careful on that drink, it’s Bailey’s!”

“what?!” I jerked away from him while laughing. This isn’t funny. The whole place is starting to sway. My continuous jerking cause a batch of wave inside my head and I passed out, as I felt warm hands at my nape.