Chapter 2

“Hi! You are Chartreuse Rogers, right?” a man came from behind while I am waiting for Erin at Starbucks.

No, I am not popular. Let us just say that my sister does. Unlike her, I am not thin, I am not girly. I am happy with my skinny jeans, sweaters and my sneakers. My sister is very beautiful that makes everybody ogles with her. But I don’t envy my sister just as what you think, I love her, I just hate those people who will try to get close to me to have her number. Who can blame them? She’s a model.

“Uhm, Yes. What can I do for you?”

“I go for the same school as yours, You are specializing in Pediatrics at Thompson right? I am in the College of Arts, Xavier, by the way” offering his hands to me. You think he is interested to me? Wait for it.

“I am just thinking if we can go out..” wait for it. “I-I mean your sister and me” he smiled. There you have it. See what I have told you.  Before I can even answer, Erin arrived.

“Sorry, her sister is already taken… so go now, shoo! Shoo!” I watched as Savior or whatever his name is went back to his table.

“What took you so long?” I asked.

“Not like you Char, I don’t have photographic memory that I can squeeze everything I have reviewed into my brain. Even if I tried to memorize that for the whole month. How long did you take Ana-Phy?”

“I don’t have photographic memory. An hour” I shrugged.

“See what I told you, I finished it with 3 freakin’ hours!”

I do not know how I managed to do that exam. Let us just say, I love tissues? Haha. Good try.

“You’re zoning- off again. Let’s get going. We only have 2 hours to prepare for the par-tey!” and Erin as always jovial for the party.

Half an hour later…

“That’s perfect! Please twirl” Erin asked me while I look like a marshmallow in this knee- high light Pink dress not to mentioned the yellow stripes across.

“ah, Erin, can we have just have something that doesn’t show my skin and something with sleeves, and can we make it fast because I was like trying 16 dresses for half an hour now?”

Without listening to me, she threw a knee- high bubble tube- type black dress at me. I scowled.  “Erin, I said, with sleev—“ as she threw me a floral black- based cardigan.

I stepped outside the fitting room after I manage to fit the clothes she threw inside. After 45 minutes of trying to find what to wear, Erin gasped. “I should really get into fashion and design! I’ll get what she’s wearing!” she turned to a petite sales lady and I smiled for the relief.

Erin is from the rich family. They own a shipping line in the coast and a huge number of ships in the Philippines. So a penny won’t cause her that much but believe me, money has never been an issue to her. On the other hand, I am not from a very rich family or should I say, I am not a spend-it-all type of a child.

“Char, I brought you contacts, 250/ 250 right? Both? Try it on!”

I should have been thankful I have Erin, though she can be annoying at times.