Trouble Ahead

"MaxGyver strikes again!"

- Max Caulfeild

CHAPTER FOUR: Trouble Ahead

    It was almost Fall, my favorite weather. Where leaves turn from their boring browns and tans, to beautiful oranges and reds. It's where the air is crisp and chilly, the wind cool and refreshing.
    Trees began to strip their leaves and lay bare against the world while the strong gusts of wind pluck the leaves and scatter them against the hard ground.
    I walked down the sidewalk, breathing in the fresh air. I watched two football players throw a football back and forth, their jerseys worn proudly on their backs. I noticed one of the girls, Alyssa Anderson, sitting alone on the bench.
    She seemed to be engrossed in the book that lay open in her hands. She was also a quiet student, one that I didn't talk to very often. She was very accident-prone, always seeming to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She was a heavy set girl with beautiful brown hair that faded into a bright purple. She was a sweet girl, one who also didn't deserve the abuse that others gave her. I continued my walk to the dorm, seeing the janitor, Samuel, who was sweeping the leaves from the concrete.

I need to go to my room and return Warren's flash drive before he goes all ape shit on me, I thought. I headed past Alyssa, making my way to the dorms. I let out a quiet groan as I saw the gang that had decided to take over the steps into the building. They sat perched on the steps, giggling and chatting back and forth like birds. I rolled my eyes, glaring at them.

Oh look, it's Victoria and her gang of bitches..just my luck.

I walked up to them, hoping they would all just let me through. Of course, it didn't go that way. Completely the opposite actually. They all stared up at me, Victoria's eyes piercing into mine. They all glared right back at me, leaning back casually and taking up more space.

"Oh look! It's Max Caulfield, the selfie hoe of Blackwell." She sneered, making the other girls laugh behind her. Victoria stood up, smirking and getting into my face. Just wait till I rip that pretty blonde hair out. She snickered at me, crossing her arms.

"What a lame gimmick. Even Mark..Mr. Jefferson..falls for your weak hipster bullshit." She walked around me, almost like a predator stalking its prey. I watched her with narrowed eyes as she circled around, her smile getting bigger and bigger. I clenched my fist, hearing her friends whisper and snicker at me.

"The Daguerrian Process, Sir!" You could barely even say that!" She chuckled, standing back in front of me now. I glowered at her, keeping my mouth shut. She fixed her hair and sighed, nodding towards her friends.

"I guess you got your meds filled." She chuckled along with her friends, going back to sit down on the steps. HA HA HA, go eat something you skinny bitch, I thought angrily. I mentally face-palmed myself.
    Max, stop trying to give comebacks. I rubbed my arm, pulling my bag higher on my shoulder. She looked around, shrugging her shoulders carelessly.

"Since you know all the answers, I guess you have to try and find another way into the dorm. We ain't moving." I sighed, my shoulders dropping in disappointment. I glared at them, standing still and rigid in my spot. Victoria giggled and held her hand out, pulling out her phone.

"Oh, wait! Hold that pose!" I started to step back when I heard her phone camera go off, taking a picture of me.

"So original. Don't worry, Max, I'll put a vintage filter on it right before I post it all over social media." I stood there, gawking at her. How could one person be so cruel to everything that stood in her way?