Long Time, No See

"The Amazing SpiderMax!"

-Chloe Price

CHAPTER FIVE: Long Time, No See

*MARK APPEARANCE*

I walked in, looking around the building. A line of doors followed each side of the walls, the sound of muffled music and laughter being heard throughout the hallway. I spotted mine all the way down the isle, waiting for me. I sighed, starting to walk down the hallway.
    I quickly moved out of the way as two of Victoria's friends came sprinting down the hallway. They ran past you, carrying an armful of paper towels for her. I rolled my eyes, watching them push past the door and out to the queen.

"Victoria is going to be pissed we took so long!" One of them cried out, shaking their head. I turned my attention back to the hallway as I made my way to my room. I felt more relieved when I stood in front of my door, my hand pushing it open.
    I looked on my bed, spotting my worn out teddy bear resting against one of my pillows. My other shoes lay in a mess on the ground, my desk cluttered with junk I didn't bother cleaning off. I smiled softly at the many pictures I had taped on my wall, the one exactly from my picture I had taken.
    My big lights were still strewn across the wall, turned off at the moment. My guitar lay against the couch, yearning me to play it. I took a deep breath, rubbing my aching head.

Home Sweet Home..my favorite cocoon..

I walked across the room, over to one of my small houseplants sitting by the window. It looked a little wilted and dry, making me feel guilty. I snatched up a water bottle on the sill, opening it up and pouring it into the pot.
    You are thirsty, I am the worst baby momma, drink up. I turned back, going over to my drawer and opening it up. A picture slid out of it, a picture of me and my best friend. I sighed a little, holding it up in my hands.

Max and Mark. Best Friends Forever. Who even says that anymore?

It was a picture of me and Mark, dressed up as pirates. I had a black eye patch around my right eye, Mark having a black pirate hat placed on his head. We were both smiling, something I haven't done in awhile.
    We looked so young and happy, not a single care in the world. If only I could back into pictures. I set it back in the drawer, shutting it away so I wouldn't have to keep looking at it any longer.

I'm going to have to call Mark back eventually and find out what he'll say..

I knew the longer I waited, the worse it was going to be when I finally do decide to call him. Idiot. I walked over to my computer, turning it on. I smiled when it came up to a website of my camera gallery. I sighed dreamily, if only I could have these beauties.
    I switched over to my email, giggling at the message Warren had sent me earlier before. I read his words again, snickering at his corny jokes. Warren makes me laugh. It's nice to feel like I already made a real friend here.
    I started looking around for the flash drive, not seeming to find it. Upon closer inspection, I spotted a yellow sticky note hanging on the side of my computer. I plucked it up, reading the words that had been scrolled onto it.

"Hey girl, I borrowed your drive so I could watch flix while I study. If you need it back, just track me down in my room. XOXO, D."

Great, now I have to get the flash drive from Dana's room. I went over to the door, but stopped when I saw my guitar in the corner of my eye. I sat down on the couch, pulling it into my lap. My fingers automatically went to their places on the strings, my other hand ready to strum.
    I started playing, letting the music filter through the air. I closed my eyes, letting my fingertips pluck at the strings. The sweet and calming notes formed and melted into my ears, relaxing me slightly.
    I played for only a few minutes, stopping to get back up. I headed out the door, leaving my cozy home behind me. I turned my head when I spotted a girl banging on the door by the exit. She was glaring, shouting at the person who was inside the room.