Casual Ninjas

"Max...I'll always be with you."

- Chloe Pricefield

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Casual Ninjas

(A/N: I am SOOOOO sorry it took this long to update! I rarely have time to just sit down and be able to watch the playthrough and make sure the chapter is as accurate as possible So, once again I am a horrible writer, I apologize for making you Lovelies wait so damn long! ENJOY!)

I eventually cracked my eyes open, groaning softly at the harsh light filling the room up. I blink a couple times, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I look around slowly in Mark's room, smiling to myself. I look over, seeing Mark sleeping next to me. He was spread out on the other side, his hands laying on his stomach and his head laid to the right.
    I watched him sleep for a few minutes, knowing this was probably considered creeping. His red hair was ruffled and messy, laying in his face. His eyelids were hiding those warm chocolate orbs I found so much interest in.
    He had changed into sweatpants at some point while I was asleep, his black T-shirt pulled up just a little, allowing me to see his tan and smooth stomach beneath it.

I had the sudden urge to move the hair away from his face, so I turned away instead and stared at the ceiling for a few moments. I looked at the ground, spotting the camera. I smirked, reaching down and snatching it up. I held it up in the air, looking into the camera. I jumped slightly when Mark pressed against me, his head touching mine. He chuckled, smiling with me.

"Photo bomb!" He yelled, making me wince. I rolled my eyes, holding the camera steady.

"Photo hog!" I press down on the button, watching the flash go off. We both chuckled and separated, stretching some more. I sat up in bed, my back resting against the wall.

"It feels like a different world from yesterday." Mark turned over to his side, holding his head up with his hand.

"We left a skid mark on Blackwell last night." He ran a hand through his red hair, making me notice how it faded into blueish purple near the top of his head.

"Like it needs another one. I'd like to do something good for my school and Arcadia Bay. I can't even submit my photo to represent..I just don't want to be rejected."

"Every great artist gets rejected before they get accepted. So you have to enter a photo."

"Even though I'm pimping the school and town you want to torch?"

"Come on, I don't want to see Arcadia Bay get burned to the shore, I just say shit like that because I've been trying to get out of here since..since you left, basically." He sighed, turning over to get something. My eyes trailed down to his tattoo sleeve running all up his arm.

"If I could find Rachel, then pay Frank off, I'm still leaving to start a whole new life." He picked up his remote, pointing it at the stereo before turning it on and laying back on the bed.

"I wish we could just hang out all morning like we used to." I nodded, sitting up and swinging my legs over the bed.

"Maybe we should get up, I have go get back to Blackwell soon." Mark shook his head and scoffed, ruffling my hair.

"Oh, does the school girl have a test today?"

"I'm starting to feel like going to Blackwell everyday is a test. I just need to get on my regular schedule again." I hoisted myself up, going over to my clothes that were piled onto his chair. I had a pair of shorts and shirt I brought with me just in case. I lean down and cringe, my clothes reeking of chlorine.