Time To Change Time

"You are my number one priority now! You are all that matters to me!"

- Max Caulfield

CHAPTER EIGHT: Time To Change Time

(A/N: I am SOOOO sorry about how long it takes to update these chapters. I've been super busy with school and practices and work, and plus my Imagines book. So, having to sit down and be able to watch a playthrough of this game and make sure that I'm writing this book correctly is limited in my schedule of things to do. I want this book to be as accurate and correct as possible, just for you guys. So again, I'm terribly sorry it takes so long to update these chapters!)

We spent a long period of time just walking to wherever "Mark's Lair" was. We chatted along the way, walking side by side along the sidewalk. It was nice to just talk about anything and everything. Days like these don't come by often, especially since I have this huge new problem to figure out.
    Mark stride along side me, his tattoo flaring up the side of his arm. It was still taking some getting used to to see just how much time had changed him, but I knew i'd warm up to him soon.
    Finally, after what seemed like walking for an eternity, we made to his secret hide out. I giggled, seeing that it was just a large junk yard outside of town. We headed inside, Mark smile widening. Junk was piled as high as the trees and scattered pretty much everywhere.

    Empty carcasses of cars and buildings lay abandoned in the piles of rubble. I look up when I hear a train's horn blaring through the air. I watch as it runs across the track just a few feet across from us, until it disappears over a hill.
    Mark started to jog, passing me as he ran into the middle of the yard. I had no motivation to run as I picked up my pace, still getting lost behind him.

    "What is this, a race?" He scoffed, waving his hand and motioning to hurry up.

    "Keep up!" He called back, leaving me in the dust as he finally reached his stopping point.  He seemed a bit annoyed at this point, even rolling his eyes. Ever since we left the diner, he had acted a bit more snappy than usual. I sighed, and shook my head.

    "How many times are you going to get pissed at me this week?"

    "That depends on you. And how well you in this phase of the test." He smirked, telling me he wasn't angry anymore. I was relieved as I nodded and rubbed my hands together. He took off his beanie, ruffled his vibrant hair a little, then shoved it back on his head. He smiled, throwing his hands up and spinning around in a circle.

    "Welcome to American Rust, my home away from Hell."

    "Raw and rough, it suits you.." He snatched a beer bottle from a barrel, walking up to me. I could see the condensation running down the glass, indicating it was a fresh one.

    "Max, do you know how awesome this is!? I get my Best Friend back, and she also has super powers!?"

    "We don't know for how long, though."

    "Exactly why it's time to have some fun!" I shook my head when he pulled out a gun, smiling proudly at himself.

    "David may be a douche, but you did steal his gun. Is everybody armed in Arcadia Bay now?" He chuckled, aiming the gun at something in the garbage pile.

    "Only the ones who shouldn't be. Like Step-Dildo. Until now."

    "I'm not in the revolution yet, Mark."

    "You are the revolution, Max. So, we should figure the best use and abuse your power with a test." He smirked, holding the drink up to my face. He swished it around a little, quirking an eyebrow at me.