Chapter Nineteen: Uninformed Nurse

They all exchange glances.
"I'll go." Joyce says, quickly getting up. She hurries down the hall towards the source of the noise. She finds Eleven looking panicked. El continues to scream at the nurses.
"She bit me!" The nurse says, looking angry.
"El," Joyce says to the hyperventilating girl. "What's wrong, what do you need?"
Eleven points down the hall, "Mike." She repeats the word again and again.
"She was with an unconscious boy when she arrived. The moment we separated the two she began to act like this." The nurse said, as if Eleven were some sort of obnoxious pest, and not a patient under her care.
"Then put the two back together!" Joyce said exasperatedly, as she desperately tried to think of a cover story "Look, she's a foster child. She's been through a lot and doesn't trust doctors. The boy is the only one she trusts."
The nurse blushed, having the decency to be ashamed of her actions. "My apologies." She signaled over another nurse.
"Have them move the recent ICU patient Mike Wheeler to a double room." She says to the nurse. Joyce places hand on Eleven's arm.
"They're going to take you to Mike now, you're going to be okay."
"Thank you." Eleven whispers as they wheel her away.