Chapter Fourteen: Nancy Wheeler

Nancy was sat on her bed, drawing in a sketchbook , when the lights in her room began to flicker. After what had happened all those months ago, she was always on edge. After seeing what Joyce had done with the Christmas lights, she had hung fairy lights from her ceiling. They were slowly flashing, leading towards her open window. She heard a loud crash outside. She rushed to the window, but saw nothing outside. She knew it was the upside down.
Nancy quietly hurried out of her room, making her way towards her brother's room. She opened the door, careful not to make a sound.
"Mike!" She whispered into the darkness "Mike!" She waited for a response. Nothing. Nancy turned on the lights and walked into his room, making a conscious effort to be light on her feet. She pulled back his blankets. He wasn't there. A sense of dread set in.
Nancy ran down the stairs, she no longer cared if anyone heard her. She was so worried, she could barely breathe. She raced out the door, car keys in hand, and hopped in her car. Her hands were shaking on the wheel as she drove to the Byers' house. Upon arrival, she parked the car a bit away from the house, as to not raise suspicions if anyone were to see her car. She ran over to Johnathans's window, not wanting to be outside for long. She tapped her knuckles on the window repeatedly. Johnathan opened the blinds, gun in hand. It seemed he was as on edge as she was. His eyes widened as soon as he saw her. He put down the gun and opened his window.
"What the hell Nancy?" He asked, confused as to why she was at his house at three in the morning.
"It's not safe out here." She said looking behind her, and praying a demogorgon hadn't followed her. Johnathan knew this was important, so he helped her through the window. Hurriedly closing it behind her.
"What is going on?" He asked, motioning for her to sit on his bed. She sat down and and told him what had happened, her hands still shaking. With each thing she said, Johnathan looked more and more worried. When she was finished, he stood up without a word and went to open Will's door.
He took in the sight in front of him. Will was sat on the floor with Dustin, surrounded by weapons and eggos.
"What the hell Will?" He asked, running his hands through his hair.