Chapter Twenty Five: Memories

"No way. There's no way in hell... I can't be....no...." Mike trailed off, at a loss for words. Nancy stared. It took a second before it settled in, and then she began to cry. It was uncharacteristic for her. After all that had happened, she'd given herself a stone cold exterior. Nothing got past the walls she built up around herself. But this one hit her too deep, it seemed.
"I thought this was over...I thought we were done. You got her back. You sealed the entrances. Why isn't it over yet?" Nancy said through tears. Johnathan looked at her, worried. Their eyes met, and she moved closer, and he held her. She clung to him as she cried.
"What the hell do you mean I'm turning into one of them?" Mike asked, the shock and worry he had before now being replaced with anger.
"Look, I don't know for a fact. But I saw it happen. I know what it looks like." Will said with a sigh. His reluctance to elaborate further becoming obvious. He sighs again. "It was when I was first taken." He looks over at Johnathan as if to say "you don't want to hear any of this". "There was a team of scientists that ended up in there. As I was running from it, I ended up running to where Mom and Hopper found me. I thought I was running away, but I ended up in its lair. I found a man, or a half man you could say, wrapped up in that..stuff...that's all over the walls. He had a human shape, but he was no human. His face had begun tearing itself apart to form the flower petal design that the demogorgon has. And it's skin was turning that grotesque shade of bruised purple." The other three looked worried. Johnathan detached himself from Nancy and held his brother, needing to remind himself that he was still here. Mike just sighed.
"Then that's it." Mike said with a voice devoid of hope, "It's over. Done. I'm going to turn into a demogorgon."