0_6

Bridges.

I just came back from Germany after being there for about two days to talk contracts. Instead of going home, I decided to see what's up with mom dukes and my pop. They said they wanted to talk to me so as soon as I landed, I called Jarvis to take me to their crib. 

When we get there, he parks in the driveway and cuts the engine. I hop out with him following behind. I knock and wait for someone to answer, looking around the neighborhood and hear the door open. My mom smiles and opens the door wide enough to let me and Jarvis in.

"Hey son, Jarvis." She greets as we hug her one at a time.

"Hey mama. Where's pop?"

"In the study. I'll be there in a minute." She says.

"Ok."

"Jarvis would you like something to eat?" My mother questions.

"Yas ma'am." I hear him say as I walk the long hall. Entering the study, I see my father pacing the floor while reading the bible to himself. Something he always does when in deep thought. I take a seat in front of his desk, playing with the glass globe that decorates the fine wood. I remember when I was smaller, I broke one of them by accident. My father was upset but eventually bought a new one.

"Hello son." My pops greets, snatching the globe out my hand.

"Hey pop." I chuckle, sitting back in the chair.

"How are you?" He questions. I shrug and scratch under my chin.

"Blessed. I just signed an eighty million dollar deal with Adidas and Nike. I start shooting the commercial some time next week and I have a Gatorade commercial to shoot in two weeks. So I'm good. How about you?" My pop shakes his head in laughter, sitting behind his desk in a slow nod while closing his bible. My mom and Jarvis enter with plates and waters, handing my father and I the waters. We thank her as she sits beside me, and crosses her legs. 

"I'm good son, but you know the Healing Week Tour is approaching and we're trying to reach out to younger audiences. It's a lot of lost souls out there Darius. Young men like yourself that need guidance through hardships that they're facing. It's been six years since the incident and you haven't spoke about it and told your story." I nod 
in understanding, and pops turns his tablet around to me and showcases a vlog. His I'm guessing.

"During the healing tour, I'll be talking to young men like yourself who survived a tragedy. Rather its from being in the military, relationship problems, street violence or gang affiliations I want to heal all of that. Starting with you and your story. It's going to be just like this. My camera men and myself, following you around. We start from the old house where you grew up, you know that's still our property. You'll talk about growing up in Chicago, your mother and I's background. Then we'll talk your friendships and enemies, so on and so forth. Then it's the interview. We come to your study in your house and get to the root of the problem. I'll ask the questions and you'll answer them just saying how you feel. No cursing please." My father begs. I laugh and nod in agreement.

"Ok. I'll do it. That might open up a new fan base for me and give y'all a new audience in the church. It's in three weeks right?"

"Yes. And I want to interview Deanda for the young women. I'll call her and see if she's willing to, or you can talk to her when you go home and let me know what she says. If she's not comfortable I understand that as well." My mother says.

"I'm pretty sure she needs the proper healing mama and won't mind telling her story. Especially if it'll help some one else. I'll talk to her just incase." My mother nods as I sip my water, bringing the bottle down from my lips.