Working is easy, Love is harder

((I use Frederick for King George instead of George because I wanna put George Washington also in this fic but it would lead to confusion if they were both named George))

Alexander took his lion plush and sat at his desk where his laptop was located. He let out a soft yawn and rubbed his eyes as he turned the laptop on. It was currently sunny outside with a brisk wind which made the temperature more acceptable in his small room. Alex took his brush and made a neat ponytail so that he wouldn't get bothered by his hair. He opened his mail section and saw the mail from Burr. Alex clicked on it and was suprised to see that his newest client was his ex-girlfriend Eliza Schuyler. 'Why does she need a lawyer? I thought she had that wonderful life with the "oh so handsome Thomas Jefferson."' He asked himself and rolled his eyes when he thought about Jefferson and his sassy attitude. He read through the case and cuddled closer to his lion plush.

John made it right on time to the coffee shop. He ran into the staff room and took his apron. Tough his thoughts weren't at his job, oh no, they were by his lovely roomate Alexander. 'Why did I kiss his forhead? That was weird!' He pushed the thoughts aside and went behind the counter. The queue wasn't too long so he put a smile on his freckled face and got started.

"Lafayette? Why are you so nervous? That's not like you at all." Frederick asked and sat down beside Lafayette who was currently pulling his socks higher for his costume. He took out his phone and smiled as he saw a cute text from Samuel. He sighed deeply and looked back to Lafayette.

"I just don't think that I pull off the character as good as other people would." He fiddled with his thumbs and read a couple of his lines out loud. "See? I'm terrible at it." The Frenchman sighed and watched other people practicing their solo's.

"Don't say that Laf! Your acting is amazing and that Mulligan guy sure thinks like that as well. Just think of him while you're on stage and let your thoughts drive away~ But not too far or you'll forget your lines." Frederick chuckled and stood up. "It's my turn now. Wanna go to the coffee shop after this?" He shortly replied to Samuel's text and put his phone back into his bag. As Lafayette nodded he grinned and went on stage.

Hercules was overwhelmed by the flood of customers in the little shop. He knew it was 50% day but so many people at once?! "Excuse me, can I help you with something?" The tall man asked a lady in a yellow top and a black skirt. She looked up at him and smiled.

"That would be nice, Sir. I'm looking for a yellow dress which I've seen in a commercial of this shop." The girl was suprised at first that such a manly man was working in a clothes shop but that thought changed quickly as she saw him getting the dress in the exact size she needed. "Thank you a lot~ My name's Peggy Schuyler and what's yours?" She chuckled and went to the counter with the dress to pay for it.

"The name's Mulligan. Hercules Mulligan." He smiled back at her and put the dress, neatly folded into a bag and handed it to her. "We really gotta meet again Hercules. Me and my sisters would love some company on our next party we're hosting."

Peggy gave Hercules her number and skipped out of the shop where she quickly pulled her phone out of her purse and called Maria. "Are you at home right now?" She asked and walked to the bus station. "I totally gotta show you my new dress and maybe get some kisses from you~" She giggled and sighed. "Sometimes I wonder how I deserve such a beautiful woman as you~" She cooed and got on the bus.

Shortly after his practice, he and Frederick got into their normal clothes. Lafayette picked up his bag and went outside the theater. The two of them made their way to the little coffee shop across the street. "Did you get me some flyers?" He asked the british man next to him.

Frederick handed Lafayette the flyers for the theater and opened the door. The scent of coffee was strong and he took a long sniff. "Coffee keeps me alive." He chuckled and went to order for himself and Lafayette.

The Frenchman came along and smiled as he saw John behind the counter. "How's it going John?" He asked and saw how Frederick sent a very suggestive text to someone called Samuel.

John made their drinks and handed them to them. "Great actually~" He grinned and rolled up his sleeves since it's gotten hotter in the small shop. "Work's the same as always and I have a little break in 5 minutes." John sighed and grabbed his water bottle.

"Come to us when it's your break." Lafayette suggested and smiled as John nodded his head eagerly. He and Frederick sat down at a small table and started talking. "So Frederick~ Who's that Samuel on your phone?" The Frenchman laughed as he saw Frederick blushing slightly. "You can tell me mon ami~ I won't tell anyone."

Frederick shifted in his seat and took a large gulp of his coffee. "He's my boyfriend." He let a small smile slip. "We've been together for a year now." He played with the ends of his hair and thought about his cute boyfriend. "And since you've seen my text you know it's our aniversary so I want to treat himself tonight."

Lafayette chuckled. "Too much information Fred." He sipped on his cup and thought about Hercules. "You know, I really would love to treat Hercules the same way that you do with Samuel. He's such a sweetheart and I'm always happy when I see him~" He jumped a bit as John layed a hand on his shoulder.

"Our little hopeless romantic~ Just ask him out. But please, don't be noisy." John laughed and looked at the two of them. "Anyway, how was your practice? We are excited to see your play." He took out his phone and looked at some pictures from his turtles.

"It was great! Lafayette did as well as ever." Frederick said and heard his phone ring. He took the call and nodded several times. "Sorry lads, I gotta go~" He grinned and took his bag. As he left he waved at the two men and closed the door behind him.