I'm not enough

Eliza's dreams slowly turned into nightmares. Her sleeping figure was leaning against Angelica who also was fast asleep. She was also trembling slightly and whispered out some words from time to time.

In her dream she was sitting in a dark bedroom with Alexander and Thomas. She cried her eyes out and neither of the two men went to confort her like they used to when they were together with Eliza. "Why does everybody I love leave me like I'm a pile of garbage?!" She screamed and pulled at her hair. The two tall figures in front of her grinned and kept whispering the same words over and over again. "You're not enough for us Elizabeth~ We deserve something better than you are." They stated and slowly disappeared as Eliza started to wake up as her body was being shook by Angelica.

"Eliza wake up!" She called endless times and was shaking her sister at her shoulders. As Eliza woke up, Angelica sighed and looked into her teary eyes. "Did you have the nightmare again?" She asked and pressed Eliza close to her body.

Eliza nodded and felt how the tears poured over her cheeks. Her lip quivering as she held onto Angelica and sobbed quietly. "I'm not worth it." She said repeadetly and clung even more at her older sister.

With worried eyes Angelica tried to reassure Eliza that everything will be alright and that she should just go back to sleep to get some strength for the day. The clock already read 5 a.m. which meant for Angelica that she had to be at her job in a bookstore in 3 hours.

"But what if they appear again? I don't want to hear them say all these terrible things again." She sounded horrified and scared to go back to sleep. Her eyes drifted to Peggy who was cuddling with Maria fast asleep. "I wish I was as lucky as Peggy." She mumbled and pressed her face against Angelica's shoulder. All these bad thoughts crossed Eliza's mind as if she were to go mad. After a long time of Angelica softly caressing Eliza's hair she fell asleep once again.

John felt restless as he was trying his best to fall asleep after seeing Alex staring at him. He sat up on his bed and saw that Alex was already fast asleep. He looked out of the window and stopped thinking for a moment and just gazed out on the wintery streets of New York. The slow snow falling down onto the streets made John's eyes flicker and soon he also was in his dreamland.

On the next morning Alexander woke up at the usual time he got up to go to work. He didn't want to wake John and walked slowly into the bathroom where he prepared himself for the day. He was excited to go back to work even tough he had to work on a case from his ex girlfriend. Alex also had high anticipations for the party that night. He really needed some quality time with his friends and some beer. He soon found himself shoving breakfast down his throat and leaving early for work. Outside it was cold and he wore a scarf and hat to keep himself warm along a black long coat.

Hercules woke up as soon as he heard Alex leave the appartment. He still had his arms around Lafayette and he slowly started stroking Lafayette's hair again. Hercules yawned and smiled as he saw how Lafayette woke up as well. "Have you slept well Laffy Taffy?" He asked in a calm voice.

Lafayette just nodded and nuzzled his face into Hercules' chest again. "You're so chaud and feel like a teddy bear." He mumbled and slightly smiled when he remembered that he had his day off. 'What should I do today? Herc has to work so I can't do anything with him. Maybe I'll go outside and walk for a bit.' He thought of possibilities to spend his day.

"I'll have to go in an hour so I can be here with you for another twenty minutes before I'll have to get dressed." Hercules put his head onto Lafayette's and enjoyed the touch of the frenchman.

In the other room, John kissed his turtle plushie and stood up. He was getting kinda cold so he closed the window. John picked up his clothes from yesterday and went into the shower. He was listening to music while he washed his hair and body. As he was finished he stepped out of the shower and dried himself with a towel. Suddenly his phone was ringing and he saw that it was Theodosia. He picked it up and smiled. "Hey Theo! What's up?" He asked as he started putting his clothes on.

"I'm sorry for calling you this early but I just needed to tell you some awesome news." She played with the end of her hair and glanced over at her beloved who was just getting ready for work. "Aaron and me want all of you to be at our wedding and we want to get married as fast as possible. We checked for the earliest date and it would be in two weeks on Sunday." She giggled in excitement and stood up. She pulled Aaron into a hug from behind.

"That's wonderful Theo. We'll call you when we know if we can come but you can already count me in since I don't work on Sundays." He explained and grinned widely.

Alex came into his office and sat himself down at his desk and turned on his computer. He had to work at Eliza's case so that she could get divorced as fast as possible. He sipped on his coffee and enjoyed its taste. Not too long after him Aaron entered the room and sat down at his desk. "Morning." Alex said with a smirk.

"Morning Alexander. Are you okay with working on that case? I can take over if you want." He looked at his phone and saw some strange texts from his soon to be wife. He opened the messenger and read them. His cheeks burned flaming red and typed. 'I'm at work Theo!!' He sent the text and set his phone down to reduce further embarassment.

Angelica stood behind the counter and packed two books into a bag and gave it to the customer. "Have a nice day." She said happyly and sighed as they left. No one else was in the little book store and so she continued reading in her book she brought. Even tough the story was capturing her, she had to think about her sister. 'What am I going to do with her?' She asked herself and layed her head onto the counter.