Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

"Jean Blaise. A name not at all familiar with her blood line." The shadow mused with a glint of humour in eyes.

"Sounds more like the parents were deranged. Who names their child after a clothing article?" The figure mocked.

"Say what you want mate. But she's the one I want. Dead." The humour changed to ferocity and evil narrow slits.

Both of them watched silently as Jean paced furiously across her room, with her eyebrows fused together with hard look. A girl sat down on her bed, waving her hands as though she was explaining. Jean's hard look remained the same.

"I gotta admit it mate. She looks exactly like your old gal." The figure chuckled and stopped immediately stopped after looking at his companion's face.

The shadow growled. "You better watch that mouth of yours."

The figure rolled his eyes and spoke,"Whatever you say father."

The figure became more serious and told his companion. "My kind knows something is up. And don't forget that Katherine did damage to my ancestors too. When they know she's returned, they are probably gonna be lining up right behind you."

The shadow groaned. "Not them. They don't like us."

"You." The figure corrected.

"Delay them from knowing. Do whatever it takes. They cannot know."

"So that's what you called me for?" The figure raised a brow.

The shadow shook his head. "I want to keep an eye on her. Be her friend."

The figure nodded. "You know, I will get into trouble for this. But I'm only doing this because you are one of my best mates."

"Is that all?" He added.

The shadow nodded. The figure crouched and jumped into the starry night sky.

The shadow sighed and looked upon the moon, shining brightly in the sky.

___________________

Jean's POV.

I rubbed my temples and tried to process it all. Tori sat on my bed crossed legged waiting silently for an answer. I paced back and forth trying to make sense but at the moment, nothing did. We drove home without a word in Tori's car and came straight here.

Tori's voice cut through the silence. "I could just explain everything right now."

I turned to her with a sarcastic expression. "Then explain."

She took a deep breath and started. "When God had created us, he made two worlds. The living world and the dead world. When you die, your body perishes but your soul is alive and kicking. You roam the earth for decades, centuries or even eternity until you find peace. Then you go to the other side. But until then, you just watch everybody until you find peace within yourself."

She paused and spoke again. "Sometimes the souls escape the other side. They find holes in the world and come back to our world and start haunting the living beings. That's when we come in. Mediators help keep the balance in the world. We send these souls back where they belong and then make sure they stay there. Mediators also help the souls find peace by completing their final wishes. Their death wishes."

"You may deny it but the holy books don't. Its there in every religious book but everyone just looks over it. Mediators are special people chosen by God himself."

I listened intently. I stopped pacing and walked to my bed and flopped down and stared at my ceiling. "What differs the dead souls from the living ones?"