Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

I stared blankly at the back on Mrs. Jules head as she scribbled something on the board about some essay to be completed. Everyone else was drooling in their sleep, or waiting for the bell to ring. I mulled over the thoughts from yesterday and thought about what had happened.

Harry's green eyes were usually a sparkling emerald but turned a darker colour as he spoke about Katherine. His voice usually cheeky and raspy, was poisonous as though it was spitting venom. I figured he didn't have a good relationship with Katherine. But the fact that left me baffled and just standing there, even after he left, was that I was Katherine.

I remembered when my dad told me I looked like my great something grandmother. There were similarities but nothing that could make us look so identical that people would mistake her for me.

I went up to the attic and searched for anything that could be relevant to Katherine, but I got nothing, except cobwebs and that one picture which I already had. I planned to also ask the history community, when they returned from wherever they had gone, if Katherine Blaise was as significant as I thought she was.

I hadn't got any sleep at all. I tossed and turned all night and felt alone. I couldnt tell my parents about this, but the ones I could tell weren't telling me.

I glanced at Tori, who was looking distant. Ever since I stopped talking to her, she would always try to talk to me, but I was too upset with her to talk to her. After sometime, she gave up. Tori's eyes met mine but I averted my gaze and stared back at Mrs. Jules.

Suddenly, my vision faded a little bit and I blinked fervently, as the voices in my head grew more and more distinct. I shut my eyes tight as I tried to hold in the screams and the tears because of the pain. I felt suffocated, in the darkness. When I opened my eyes, I was back in the old broken down house which I had my first vision in.

I rubbed my eyes, since my vision was still blurry. I saw the two cowering children who were frantically crying behind their older sister, as she tried to console them but it seemed more like she was reassuring herself.

My heart swelled with mixed emotions at the sight in front of me. I looked around to see whether I recognise anything from my surroundings. This house was practically isolated and was surrounded by miles of greenery and fields. I saw a mailbox that seemed half rusted but there was something written on it. I moved closer to see what it said, where I could make out a name.

Dallas.

My head started to pain again as my vision started to fade. Whispers started to echo as I felt my breath hitching. The whispers turned louder until they were screaming. They kept repeating a word, over and over again and I started clawing at my head.

Katherine.

Katherine.

Katherine.

By now, I could feel myself floating into darkness again. But before I closed my eyes, I could make out a distinct figure who was staring at the children too. The screams continued until I opened my eyes to someone yelling my name.

"Jean Blaise!"

I shook my head and looked up to Mrs. Jules who was looking me with irritation.

"Yes Mrs. Jules?"

She narrowed her eyes at me, through her thick glasses as she snapped her words at me.

"Can you please answer my question?"

Before I could say anything else, someone spoke up from behind.

"A simile and a metaphor are different and do not have the same meaning. A simile means comparison to a certain object but a metaphor means to actually refer to the object as that."