Chapter 14.

Chapter 14.

I stumbled back in surprise and looked at Mrs. Dallas with fear.

"What?" Escaped my lips, as my breathing grew heavier and heavier. My mind was just a storm right now. I could feel my thoughts swirl and my questions just blowing up any little hopes of sanity.
On top of that, she looked surprised to see me acting like this. As if I should have known.

"Well, are you alright dear?"

I looked towards her with wild eyes, and she took a step back. I just turned around and ran to my car, adrenalin running through my veins. The shimmery figure behind me disappeared as I drove faster towards my house. I swerved into my driveway and fumbled with my keys with shaking fingers until I opened the door. I just ran up to my attic where I felt his presence lingering. 

Harry looked surprised to see me, but it was just for a flicker of a moment and the smirk appeared on his face again.

"Have you come to ask me more mysterious questions about your mediator life?" He mused as he observed my unstable figure.

Just as I opened my mouth for the words to come out tumbling, a thought passes through my mind. Would it be wise to talk about his death and especially who killed him? This was crucial information that might just save my life. But at the same time it could be the reason for all this mess too and could end up very wrong. I couldn't run away again. He would know something was up.

Just as I could see his patience wearing thin and was about to question me, I blurted the first thing that came into my mind.

"I just came to see you." I bit my lip nervously as I watched his eyebrows go up.

"You just came to," He paused. "See me?"

I nodded nervously as Harry gave me a questioning look but didn't push further. 

Sighing mentally, I looked around to see what he was doing. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked and walked to the little light bulb my dad had put and switched it on. 

"Looking for something." He answered back bluntly, going to the old chest which I had broken into a long time ago. I remember scavenging a diary and Katherine's picture from it. 

A  frown appeared on his face as Harry kneeled next to the chest. "The lock is broken." He stated.

Harry opened it and peered inside of it, shifting around a few things. The frown sketched on his fave grew deeper as he searched the item he desired. He took the entire chest and held it upside down, so the contents were tumbling out and sound of pages rustling were heard.

Harry sat down and ran through the things desperately but gave up realizing it wasn't there. He ran his hand through his head and turned around with angry eyes. The emerald was a shade darker and I was scared and took a step back.

"Its not here." His jaw clenched and so did his fists.

"What's not here?" I managed to say with a squeaky voice.

"My journal with my writing and my thoughts. Someone has broken in and stolen it." His eyes were dangerously narrowed and they searched me if I knew anything.

"Nobody has been up here for ages. The last time was when you got stuck up here. Did you take it?" He cornered me on the wall with his face inches away from mine, intimidating me through my soul.

I couldn't muster the words so I just shook my head furiously.

Harry inched even more close and I could swear my heart was beating so hard against my chest I was sure he could feel it.