Chapter 16: Take Us Out

"Maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines at your command, sir," Mr. Sulu said.

 "Weapons and shields on standby," Chekov added.

 "Dock Control reports ready, Captain," Uhura said.

 I turned from my station to see Captain James T. Kirk walk onto the bridge. He had a smirk on his face. "Bones! Buckle up," he said while giving Bones a pat on the back. Bones just shook his head. Kirk took his place in the captain's chair and hit his comm, "Scotty, how we doing?"

 "Dilithium chambers at maximum, Captain," Scotty said. "Get down!"He yelled at someone. I could only assume it was his friend. That little guy always liked to climb on things.

 Kirk looked at Mr. Sulu and said, "Mr. Sulu, prepare to engage thrusters."

 Suddenly the door to the bridge "whooshed" open. Spock walked in with his hands behind his back. I couldn't help but blush. "Permission to come aboard, Captain," he said in his monotone voice.

 "Permission granted," Kirk said with a grin.

 Spock walked up to Kirk and said, "As you have yet to select a first officer, respectfully I would like to submit my candidacy. Should you desire, I can provide character references."

 Kirk burst into a grin. "It would be my honor, Commander," He said.

 Spock nodded and smirked as he walked to his station. He passed me along the way and slowed down to look at me. He tilted his head an gave me a "smile". I gave a big grin and watched him walk past me.

 "Maneuvering thrusters, Mr. Sulu," Kirk ordered.

 "Thrusters on standby," Sulu answered.

 Kirk smirked and said, "Take us out."

 "Aye-aye, Captain," Sulu said.

 I breathed in a heavy breath and let it out slowly. This was it. I was on the Enterprise. With Spock, the adorable Vulcan who, is in fact incredibly smart, but doesn't know how to wink properly. Kirk, the captain of the Enterprise, who is also a  good friend. Uhura, the girl who controls communications. Bones, the doctor with the southern drawl. Sulu, the man at the helm. Chekov, the seventeen year old Russian kid who has a heart of gold. And finally, Scotty, the Scottish engineer who has a humorous personality. And of course his cute friend.

 I was sitting at my station, staring out into space with those iconic words going through my head:

             Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her ongoing        mission, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~