Trees

I know where you stand
Silent in the trees
And that's where I am
Silent in the trees.

You had the terrible pleasure of working as Tony Stark's secretary. Don't get confused, you love your job and would never dream of doing anything else.

But things become less fun when you fall for your boss and have to watch him sleep with some random girl almost every night.

You just wish Tony swung your way, but sadly you've never seen him with a man in all five years you've been working for the billionaire.

Yes, you really have been working there for five whole years. And have had feelings for Tony for about four years give or take.

You've always been too scared to ever even hint that you had feelings for him. You're parents kicked you out when you were barely seventeen cause they found out you were gay.

You lived on the streets for awhile before you made a few friends who took you in. You were glad you had people who truly loved you and took you in. But none of that took away from the fact you lost almost all of your blood family.

You did make a new family though, blood doesn't end in family. You loved the family you made, you knew they'd always be there for you.

Why won't you speak
Where I happen to be?
Silent in the trees
Standing cowardly.

You sigh closing the door on yet another bimbo with Tony nowhere to be found. You walk down to his lab where he's been all night after he had his fun.

You enter the passcode walking in on him asleep at his working station. You set the cup of coffee in front of him. You smile at his sleeping form before shaking your head.

You gently wake him up. He takes his coffee without saying a word. You tell him his appointments for the day, he ends up telling you to cancel all of them.

You sigh doing as you're told, you know Tony well enough to know he gets what he wants.

I can feel your breath.
I can feel my death.
I want to know you.
I want to see.
I want to say hello.
Hello. Hello-oh-o. Hello.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

You ask pulling a chair over and sitting next to the man sipping his coffee.

"Nothing's wrong."

How dare he give you that obvious bullshit lie.

"Tony, I know you very well. I can tell something's wrong."

He sighs. "I'm just.... I'm just tired. I'm tired of all these one night stands with girls I'm not even attracted to..."

That confuses you. Why would he sleep with girls he's not into? Nonetheless, you try to help.

"You just need to find the right girl for you."

It's cliché and stupid but it was true. You did swallow your sadness. But you're used to that by now.

I know where you stand
Silent in the trees
And that's where I am
Silent in the trees.

"Would you think any different of me if I didn't want a girl?"

He asks quietly. You don't necessarily know what that means, you don't want to get your hopes up.

"Of course I wouldn't. I'll never think of you any differently."

He's silent for awhile. Which is not a good sign since he's almost never silent.

"(Y/n), I....." He pauses. "Um... You never talk about your family or love life, you barely talk about your friends. Why is that?"

The question took you a bit by surprise. You'd think after working for the same man, as closely as you do, you'd open up over the years.

But you were too afraid that he'd be as disgusted as your parents were.

Why won't you speak
Where I happen to be?
Silent in the trees
Standing cowardly.

You bite your lip deciding to tell him. If he fires you, then well, you had fun while it lasted.

"My parents and I don't talk, they disowned me for being gay. Kicked me out before I was out of highschool. Most of my family disowned me...."

You pause looking down. When you look up Tony is looking into your eyes.

"Um... As for my love life.... Well, I don't have much of one..." You say quietly.

"You're gay?.... How come I never knew?"

"I just never thought it was important enough to mention it...."

That may be a small lie, but that's okay. He caresses your cheek leaning in slowly. Your eyes widen but you don't move away. His lips lightly touch yours in a soft kiss.

When he pulls away he looks scared. You only smile at him blushing.

I can feel your breath.
I can feel my death.
I want to know you.
I want to see.
I want to say hello.