Chapter Four

/ / f o u r / /

I do not own Teen Wolf, but I do own eight pairs of sweat pants. Dedication to _tara_ for her amazing Teen Wolf fic How I Met You and for being like the only person to read this!

"Damn, you look hot!" Lydia clapped her hands excitedly and bounced on the balls of her feet while I did a 360 in the party outfit she'd picked.

It literally took hours, but after a gruelling Skype conversation I was now spinning in front of my computer in a cute outfit. We'd decided on a short black bodycon skirt and a deep plum floaty tank top paired with some black knee socks peaking over brown knee high boots, and a brown leather jacket.

My hair was in perfect curls that took ages, but were totally worth it. To top it off my eyes had dark liner and white shadow with my lips painted a peachy pink colour, making my "eyes pop" according to Lydia.

"So who's your date for tonight?" Lydia asked, admiring herself in the tiny window on the bottom of the screen while I preened in the mirror.

"Nobody. Sad teenage girl with braces attends house party stag. How cute." I replied sarcastically, earning a rare laugh from Lydia.

"What about that Steven guy?" Lydia prodded, and I wracked my mind.

"Steven?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"Yeah. Twitchy, brown eyes, moles, sits on the bench at lacrosse?" Lydia described, and I let out a laugh when I realized who she meant.

"Stiles?" I giggled, raising my eyebrows.

"Sure."

"Stiles is my brother's best friend, Lydia. I'm not dating him." I confirmed, and Lydia nodded, looking apprehensive.

"You could ask Isaac." Lydia suggested, and I caught myself actually considering the idea. I mean, Isaac and I were close and he was nice and cute...

"Yeah, I think I'm going to ask him. I'll call and let you know, okay?" I confirmed, and Lydia clapped her hands together, nodding excitedly.

As soon as the Skype call was done I grabbed my phone, typing in Isaac's number and tapping my toe nervously.

"Jessa, hey." Isaac answered on the third ring, and I let out a nervous breath.

"Hey Isaac! You're going to Lydia's party tonight, yeah?" I asked eagerly, my hand curling around the arms of my chair.

"I mean I was thinking about it, but I don't know who to ask and I'm too shy to ask someone anyway." Isaac admitted, and I giggled, cooing.

"You're too shy, Isaac! Man up! Who would say no to you?" I asked. He really was a great and very cute guy. He could easily be a ladies man if he wasn't so plainly shy, but that was the charm.

"Thanks for saying that, Jessa. You're going, right?" Isaac replied kindly, his voice even quiet through the phone. Ugh, he was such a sweetheart, and my inevitable rejection was going to be a bitch.

"Lydia wouldn't let me miss it if my entire family had died." I giggled, and Isaac laughed. "Thing is, she's getting on me about not having a date. And I was thinking, who would I maybe possibly not mind going on a date with?" I exalted, sucking in a nervous breath.

"And then I thought of you."

>>

"This is quite the party." Isaac mused, his hands stuck shyly in his pockets. He'd dressed up in a fitted grey tee shirt, some dark pressed jeans and a nice cardigan that matched my shirt almost perfectly. We'd laughed about it on the walk over, making me glad I'd ignored Lydia's plea for me to wear heels.