Chapter Twelve

/ / t w e l v e / /

I don't own Teen Wolf. This one is dedicated to all yalls, you da best. Thanks for all the votes and such. I'll be starting a new TW story (maybe? Feedback?) and a character will be making a reappearance!

Thanks to the timing of the alpha's attack at Beacon Hills High School, we had a few days off from school. That, and they had yet to find the mangled and bloody remains of the janitor. Imagine finding that in your locker; happy freaking Monday bitches.

I was still curled up in my bed the next morning when Scott entered the room, my mother holding his collar and a grocery bag.

She violently shoved Scott towards my bed, and he collapsed at my feet on the duvet, followed closely by the bag. "Don't think I haven't noticed that you two haven't been greeting along lately." She started, grabbing my laptop off of my desk and dropping it next to Scott's body. "And after last night I need to know that you aren't going to leave each other in situations like that." She said pointedly, eyeing Scott. "So you're spending the day together while I'm at work. Have fun."

Mom left, closing the door behind her. Both Scott and I stayed silent until we heard the car speed off, and then Scott sat up, climbed under my blankets, and rested his head on my shoulder.

"She broke up with me." Scott sighed after a minute, his hot breath warming my cold shoulder- both literally and figuratively.

"I'm sorry." I wasn't sorry that he messed up, it was bound to happen eventually. I was sorry he was hurting though.

I decided to check what mom had left us, and reached over to pull the grocery bag closer. Inside were two pints of ice cream, two colourful spoons, and a few DVDs and bags of chips.

"Sweet." I sang to myself, grabbing the dulce de leche ice cream and a spoon, cracking it open and offering Scott a bite. He accepted, his head staying on my shoulder.

"I have a confession." I announced, adjusting to face Scott. He took a pillow and propped himself into a sitting position sort of facing me.

"Go on." He urged. I bit my lip, trying to think of how to phrase it.

"Remember after the whole group date fiasco when Stiles was saying hanging out with hot girls was worse than death?" I asked, hoping Scott would catch on quickly.

"Yeah, I remember tha- you weren't there?" Scott realized, his forehead wrinkling.

"Yeah, I spied on you." I admitted, putting another scoop of ice cream in my mouth and shrugging at Scott's annoyed look.

"I have a confession to make too." Scott announced, grabbing a bag of chips and tearing them open.

"What's that, Scotty boy?" I asked, snatching a chip.

"I know you like Stiles." He smirked, and the chip I'd just placed on my tongue fell out of my mouth.

"What? That's not a confession or the truth." I argued, and Scott laughed loudly. He shook his head at me with a stupid little stupid dumb grin on his stupid face. Stupid.

"It's at least the truth!" He teased, grabbing his own tub of chocolate fudge ice cream and cracking it open. He scooped up a bite of creamy deliciousness and eyed me expectantly, waiting for me to cave.

"I don't like Stiles, I don't know where on earth you would have gotten that crazy idea!" I rambled, stuffing a scoop of dulce de leche into my mouth urgently. I really needed to shut up. I mean in my mind I'd never really labeled it as a crush, more of just a... liking. Thing. Very smart, such smart Jessa.