Chapter Twenty-Five

I do not own Teen Wolf. But like was the season final hella good or what? Comments please!

"Stay in the car, Jessa. Please." Scott breathed, glancing around urgently as a phantom twig snapped in the forest behind him.

"You can't expect me to just wait around in the car. Peter hurt Lydia, he took Stiles, and now he's going to kill somebody. He's done it before, Scott. I can't just watch." I insisted, crossing my thin arms across my chest. He pressed his hands into my shoulders, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"I don't care who he hurts as long as he doesn't hurt you." He promised, his usually chocolate eyes a glowing gold.

"You can't protect everyone." I said stubbornly, looking up at him through my eyelashes coated in runny mascara.

"But I can protect you."

-----

Allison.

Allison Argent, one of my best friends, the only one I knew I had left, was marching towards my brother with a bow and arrow in her hands and a look of pure determination in her eyes.

"Allison, I can explain." Scott said, trying to drag himself up off of the ground. I punched the steering wheel of Stiles' Jeep, which I'd taken to the Hale house after watching Lydia get loaded into the ambulance. My hands were coated in her blood, and my heart was racing at a speed that could not possibly be healthy.

"Stop lying!" She demanded, her lips pursed. "For once, stop lying."

"I was going to tell you the truth at the formal, I was gonna tell you everything." Scott insisted. "Everything that I said, everything I did..."

"Was to protect me." She cut him off, looking annoyed instead of flattered. Clearly she wasn't digging the whole protective male thing. He'd done it all for her, and this is how she chose to repay him.

"Yes,"

"I don't believe you."

"Oh thank God, now shoot him before I have to shoot myself." Kate groaned, strolling over to the pair.

"This bitch." I groaned, resting my head on the steering wheel and wishing I could just get out of the car and dig my fresh acrylic nails into her face. That'll get rid of that stupid snarky smirk. My fingers curled around the steering wheel as she lifted her gun, shooting Derek right in the knee.

"Shoot him, Allison." Kate instructed, nodding at Scott. Allison held her bow limply at her side, and I almost had faith that my friend wasn't going to do anything she might regret. Not that she shouldn't regret the bitch moves she's made up to this point.

"Kate," A voice said from behind the wall of trees. Where the hell do these people keep coming from? Jesus Christ this is going to be a blood bath when Peter shows up.

"I know what you did. Put the gun down." Mister Argent materialized from within the forest, staring his sister down sharply. I watched with rapt attention as father and daughter began to band against Kate Argent.

"I did what I was told to do." She replied hotly, not even glancing at her brother.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human." Her brother responded, stepping closer to Kate at the same moment she stepped closer to Derek. My legs bounced at this chance I had to help that I couldn't act on. Derek was this close to death- meaning this close to the nasty end of Kate's gun of wolfsbane bullets.

"Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun to a sixteen year-old boy. No proof he or anyone else here has spilled human blood." Mister Argent pointed out as her gun moved to face Scott. "We go by the code."

"Some fucking code!" I shouted, pounding my fist on the horn as everyone looked over at me. "Yeah, you heard me!" I screamed, holding up my middle finger through the windshield. "What is it with this family?" I grumbled as they turned to face each other again, completely ignoring the car-blocked teenager.

"Put the gun down." Argent ordered. Her grip didn't falter. He raised the gun, shooting the tree behind Kate's head, "Before I put you down."

"Take her down Argie." I pleaded, squeezing the wheel tightly in my grasp.

Suddenly there was a loud noise from within the house, and everyone spun to face it as Kate raised her gun. "What is it?" I heard Allison ask, her voice cracking in fear.

"It's the alpha." Scott breathed almost imperceptibly. My hands dropped off the wheel and raised to the door handle, my body fighting with my will and my mind. Do I stay, and make Scott happy? Or do I go and save my brother, the one boy I know that I will always love?

Before I could make any life-altering decisions, the wolf shot out of the house and began circling the Argents and Scott and Derek at an incredible speed, darting out and knocking them down in turn. Mister Argent's gun flew out of his hands, followed by Allison's bow.

"Come on!" Kate shouted, turning on her heels and raising her hands tauntingly. "Come on!" She shouted again. I couldn't argue. If there was one person I could stand Peter killing right now it was Kate.

The few rain drops that had sprinkled down earlier were now a full downpour, showering Peter as he- in his human form- grabbed Kate by the arm. She fired her gun, but from the look on her face it appeared Peter had snapped her wrist like a twig in response. His hand wrapped around her throat and he flung her like a doll onto the porch, following after.

Allison sprinted forward, moving to follow Peter and Kate inside. Scott stopped her, holding her back before wolfing-out and entering the house behind the duo, his claws sticking out and his fangs bared. I tapped my toes as they both entered the house. I couldn't sit by anymore. This was killing me, and I was not going to be the one dying tonight.

Who can guess the ending? Dedication to the closest guess:) one chapter left!

Also, In Between is #16 when you search Teen Wolf! Like holy crap, thank you guys so much!