Chapter Fourteen

I don’t think there’s gonna be Stessa in this chapter but no garuntees you feel?

I still don’t own Teen Wolf but I’m still all ‘bout that TW lyfe yo.

_____

“Tell me again why you’re avoiding Stiles?” Danny asked me, leaning forward in English so that he was just over my shoulder.

“Tell me again why you’re not even one chapter into the book we were meant to have finished reading by today?” I shot back, flipping my hair so it hit him in the face and giving him a sharp glare. Lydia gave me an approving look at my actions before returning to her notes, twisting a lock of strawberry blonde hair around her finger.

I wanted desperately to tell Allison and Lydia about what I’d learned the other night right before I ditched Stiles angrily in my front yard, and then found out he and Scott went out and got their little lightweight asses drunk. Again.

The bell rang and I jumped to my feet, shoving everything away in my bag as quickly as possible.

“Jess-“ Stiles started, but by the time he’d gotten my name out I was already strutting down the hall next to Lydia with Allison attempting to catch up behind us. I slowed just enough for her to walk with us, even though I was still a bit mad my brother had picked her.

“What’s going on with you and Stiles?” Allison asked as I lead the way to my locker. Normally Lydia was the one in control, but she seemed just as curious as Allison was. We stopped at my locker and I twisted the lock, swinging it open and exchanging my books before checking my reflection.

“Can we talk about it at lunch? Until I can get some major advice from Lydia, the only revenge I can get is by looking fabulous.” I informed, turning around and modeling my outfit. I had chosen a fitted grey scoop-neck crop top, a cute high-waisted black skirt that puffed out to mid-thigh, some black tights, black chukka heeled booties that laced up, a long lace vest, and a black cardigan. My hair was curled in a high pony-tail and I had some light makeup on that stood out with a thick coat of mascara. I must say I was looking hella fly.

“Well then that part is going well.” Lydia responded with a smirk. “Are you sure you’re trying to prove you’re too good, or are you trying to make him like you more?” She asked, arching an eyebrow at me. I scoffed and slammed my locker shut.

“Obviously I’m not trying to make him like me.” I answered unconvincingly, and I could feel Lydia and Allison exchanging a look as they walked along behind me.

“Looking good, Jessa. You coming to lacrosse tonight?” Dylan Peters asked as we traipsed by looking like a typical high-school clique.

“Not if you’ll be there, Petey.” I responded, not even glancing over my shoulder as Lydia, Allison and I entered the lecture hall for our Econ midterm. Lydia gave me a dazzling smile as she slid into her desk.

“My sweet baby Jessa is finally learning how to talk to boys.” Lydia teased proudly, and I rolled my eyes before taking the seat next to her.

“Kill me.” I grumbled in response, earning a laugh from my two best friends.

Scott and Stiles entered the room, looking around for empty seats. Allison and Scott made eye contact, and I kicked Lydia’s chair so she could see what was about to unfold. My brother lamely attempted to talk to Allison, but it just sort of backfired when Harris yelled at him to take a seat. He slid into the chair next to me with Stiles in front of him, catching my eye as I mouthed, “Smooth.”

“You have forty five minutes to complete the test. Twenty five percent of your grade can be earned right now by simply writing your name on the cover of the blue book.” Harris announced in his usual expressionless voice that made me want to melt my eyes out and use them as hot glue.