4* New Year's Eve - Part 1

Sorry for the late update guys but I was busy with the hols and Christmas and new year and stuff. So forgive me ??? Thanks ! :)

Oh and also please pretend that its new year's eve in d story please !! Thanks a ton ! ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosella's POV

Christmas had gone by before I even had the time to say "RUDOLF" and I had completely forgotten to get my angel a present so I was out shopping at the mall while Ricky was looking after Adrian at his place.

Adrian loved spending time with  Ricky or as she called him "Rick-Rick" and as I thought about him, a smile spread across my face and I sighed in contentment.

It had been practically two weeks since my last confrontation wit Hayden when I had seen him at the amusement park. After that day he hadn't come to the office. Gary said he wasn't at his house and his assistant had no idea as well.

It seriously wasn't as if I cared, I mean, I was just thinking about how irresponsible he was being towards his work and he should have at least told someone when he was going to come back.

Whatever! I didn't care either way. Suddenly, I spotted the perfect gift for Adrian. It was the latest Nerf gun - the "Vortex Nitron Blaster" and I knew that he would love it. He had a fascination with spies and agents ever since he had seen "Mr. and Mrs.Smith" with me. I only had to get some presents for Ricky and Gary.

Hayen's face suddenly flashed in my mind at the thought of all the people I had to buy presents for but I quickly pushed him aside in my mind and walked on.

Gary had really bonded with Adrian since the day he got to know about him being my child (and Hayden's). He came by almost everyday and played with him and Adrian had given him the nickname of "Pig" since he ate so much; especially when I cooked.

As I walking down the aisle  I saw a man who looked dangerously close to Hayden. His back was turned to me and I resolutely turned my back and started to walk back towards the way I had come when I heard my name being called "Rosella!

I froze mid-step and turned around slowly to look straight into Hayden's deep brown eyes which were filled with agonizing pain. He walked forward till he came to stop directly in front of me leaving only a foot of gap between us.

I decided to act all cool and decidedly calm and professional even though my insides were raging in turmoil. 

"Good afternoon Mr.Carter! What a pleasant surprise to see you here! I thought you had fallen sick or were simply on a leave since you didn't turn up for work since......... I think....... two weeks? I hope yo are doing well. Now I'm sorry but I will have to take your leave since i need to get going somewhere. Have a good day!" 

Having said that I started to walk past him but he caught my hand and turned me aroound to face him so that our noses were literally touching and I could feel his warm breath fanning across my face while tingles were running up and down my arm where he had caught my hand.

Eight years......... eight damn years and he still had this effect on me with just a single touch.

I turned my face away from his searching eyes which seemed to be staring right into my soul and said with clenched teeth "Let me go Hayden, I need to go to my son."

"No. No you listen to me Ro. I know you well enough and I can see that you are lying. Stop trying to avoid me, why are you doing this?" He said while turning my face towards him and cupping it in his hands.