Fighting

Killian's POV

I hardly slept a few hours today and around 6 I went down to make coffee. Somehow I had to stay awake during the day. I walked down to the kitchen and I saw another message. "I'm warning you one more time. Next time you'll have to face the consequences." Oh fuck, Emma. I ran upstairs but she was still sound asleep, no harm on her. I slowly pulled away the curtains and woke her up. "Hey, time to wake up sleeping beauty." I said and she started to stir. I started to place soft kisses all over her face and she giggled at this. "Good morning to you too Killian. What time is it?" She asked as she sat up, rubbing her eyes. She was like a child and I thought she was cute. "It's only 6 in the morning but the Jolly Roger reopens today. We have to leave soon." I said and smiled at her. "Okay, I'll be down in a minute." She said but of course I didn't want to leave her. "No no no no I think I can handle you." I picked her up and walked down. I put her on the counter and turned to pour us some coffee. Then my phone buzzed.

Nice one Jones. Remember, I'm watching.

How the hell does he know about everything? I tried to shake him off my mind but I failed. I decided to have breakfast on the Jolly Roger so we got dressed and headed out.

We arrived and while Emma parked the car I walked up to open the lock that held a chain. "I can see you here as well." I swear if I see this scumbag I'll break his hands into billions of pieces. "Killian what's wrong? You're acting strange all morning." Emma said and I quickly hid the piece of paper. I tossed it into the trash can and started to bake some pancakes.

Meanwhile Emma signed some papers and called some caterers. When I finished I called her in. "Bon appetite Mylady." I said and kissed her cheek. She giggled and sat down. "Oh Killian can you bring me some maple syrup?" She said. God how could I forgot? "Of course, just a minute." I ran out and when I got back in there was a piece of paper on my plate. I quickly looked at Emma and I saw that se was looking at me with a questioning look. I looked back into the piece of paper and that's when I saw that this was the one that I threw out before.

"When did this start Killian?" She asked me. "Y-yesterday night when you fell asleep. It was on you." She stood up and walked around the table. "Didn't you think about maybe telling me?" She asked. "I wanted to but I was afraid something might happen to you. And it would all be because of me." I said. I could see anger in her eyes.

"I can take care of myself you know!" She was now shouting at me. I didn't understand. Why she was so mad at me? "I know but I don't want you to." I said. "I don't want you to look at me like I was a child, I am an adult and guess what, I've been through this once before and yet here I am standing in front of you alive!" She continued. "I am very aware of that. But now you're not alone. I know that you can take care of yourself but I thought this was my job to protect you. I guess I was absolutely wrong because you clearly don't trust me enough!" I was shouting now as well. "I am doing everything to protect you but I can see that it's not enough for you. I am not enough for you." I said with a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Is this what you really think?" She asked in disbelief. Instead of anger I could now see pain in her eyes. "Oh love of course not." She was now crying. I tried to hug her but she pulled away. "I will save you some trouble." She said and disappeared. I ran after her but I could only see my car turning out from the parking lot.

"Oh Emma I am so sorry." I left a note telling that because of technical difficulties the Jolly Roger will be closed today as well. I ran my lungs out by the time I got home and I didn't find Emma there. I tried to call her and I left her at least ten voice messages telling how much I regret what happened and I just want her to come home.

I hopped into her car and drove through town for a very long time. It was almost if I was asleep.

Then I saw my car in front of Regina's house. Of course. I knocked in. "Hey Killian. She's upstairs sleeping." Regina opened the door for me. I sighed in relief. "Thank god she's okay. Is she okay?" I asked. "Well she cried her eyes out and kept babbling about how you don't love her anymore. I don't know what you mean by okay but she's not in the best condition. What the hell did you do?" She really thinks that I don't live her anymore? What have I done? "We had a fight because Neal is back and I just wanted to bloody protect her." I said. "May I go up to her?" I asked Regina.