Chapter Twelve:

Nico had to find a way to go back. He needed Will. He had to go see him again, even if it was temporary. Skyping just wasn't enough anymore.

He told this to Bianca, who was strangely really adjusted to Italy. "Nico it's nice here," she tried convincing him. "We can go to school and speak in Italian without getting scolded. Wasn't that one of your pet peeves back in America?"

"Yeah but I'd rather speak in English and have Will than be in Italy without him."

Bianca sighed. "Fine."

Nico frowned. "What?"

"Fine I'll help you," she elaborated. "We'll get back to America."

* * *

Will was having just about the worst day, and to top it off Nico wasn't answering any of his texts.

Hey Neeks :)
(Sent at 7:12 am)

You here?
(Sent at 7:43 am)

I have to get to school I'll text you at my breaks
(Sent at 8:04 am)

Will sighed sitting at the empty lunch table. He turned his phone around in his hand. He wondered if he should text Nico and tell him it was his lunch break.

He typed quickly: It's lunch I'll tell you when I've finished and we can talk <3

Then he shook his head and deleted the message.

* * *

Nico and Bianca were working on convincing their dad all day about letting them stay in America by themselves. "No," he repeated his tone laced with frustration. "You're just children."

"We have our driver and we have our maid," Nico reasoned. "And Bianca's responsible," he fibbed. It didn't matter that it was a lie. His dad did put a lot of trust in Bianca, but she wasn't as much of the golden girl as she seemed.

His dad thought this over. "Only if you call everyday and I will have your half sisters mom check in on you two every month."

"Marie?" Nico asked.

"Hazel's mom?" Bianca questioned, grimacing. "No way."

"That's your only offer."

"We hardly see Hazel ever," Bianca tried. "And we see her mom even less."

"You need an adult, maybe I should just let them stay in our house too," he pondered.

"No," Nico said. "You can't .... Persephone-I mean mom," he managed to say, "wouldn't like that."

Hades crossed his arms. "Then just let Hazel stay with you guys. She's lonely. She's mentioned it in her letters."

"Letters," Bianca scoffed.

"She's old school."

Nico intervened. "Fine. If Marie is ok with it Hazel will stay with us, Marie can check in every now and then and we get to stay in America. Deal?"

"Deal."