twelve.

a/n hey fam im gonna be writing in past tense now, instead of present tense. none of you probably care lmao but i just wanted to inform u guys :))))) thanks for reading and enjoy !

-

lauren lay in her bed, her earbuds in, reading jane eyre for english class. however, she wasn't actually comprehending any of the words she read. she was thinking about luke, and how much she missed him, even though it had only been one day. she missed his soft hands wrapped around her stomach, or his small amount of scruff that brushed against her cheek whenever they kissed.

lauren knew that luke is hurt, and that he was probably so confused as to what happened that night.

so, lauren being lauren, decided to call him. she picked up her phone and delicately pressed "call" on luke's contact.

the phone rang once, twice, and then luke's voice was heard.

"lauren?" luke sort of whispered it, his voice seeming to be hoarse or just gone. lauren pouted, wanting him to call her lo, and not lauren.

"don't call me lauren." she mumbled quietly.

lauren heard a quiet sigh, out of relief or irritation, she doesn't know. "alright, lo."

"i miss you." lauren whispered, her voice sounding more like a little girl, than the brave woman she wanted to sound like.

there was a short pause on the other line, and lauren got nervous. "i miss you too." luke said finally, and lauren let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding.

"come over?" lauren asked, playing with the hem of her socks.

"okay." luke said quietly, and lauren could hear luke grabbing his keys and getting his shoes.

"bye." lauren whispered before pressing the red button to hang up.

in only about 5 minutes, lauren saw luke's car pull up in front of her house. she rushed down the stairs, almost slipping on the wood floors with her socks, but making it just in time to open the door, and see luke standing there.

"hi." lauren said.

"hi, lolo." he said back, smiling at her. luke was blown away by how beautiful lauren was, even while wearing athletic shorts, her hair sloppily tied up, wearing no makeup, and her cute knee socks she always wore that drove luke mad because they made her look so damn adorable.

lauren grabbed his hand and they both made their way upstairs and into her room. lauren sat luke down on her bed, and she put his hands in her lap.

"i'm sorry for what happened at brad's party. i know you were only trying to protect me, and i got triggered, which made me upset at you. i never wanted to make you sad, i will never want to make you sad. but the way you were punching brad made me thing about my dad and how he would punch my brother. i got scared. but i know now, that you love me and you would never do anything to hurt me." lauren says to him, her emerald green eyes looking into his deep, ocean blue ones.

"it's okay. i'm glad you told me that things like that trigger you, and i promise to never do something like that again, especially because you told me to stop and i didn't. i love you, lo. i was only trying to protect you." luke smiled at lauren, making her whole body warm and happy from her forehead to her toes. she then smirked slightly before cupping luke's face gently.