fifteen.

michael was thinking.

thinking about his life. camila. his friends. his grades.

and he decided, that he didn't deserve any of it.

he didn't deserve camila, and her perfect body, and her lovely smile, and her welcoming arms, and her dorky personality.

he didn't deserve his loyal friends, and his somehow perfect grades he fought so hard for.

so he wanted to end it all.

michael ran to the bathroom and locked the door as fast as he could, ignoring luke yelling his name, telling him to open the door.

"SHUT UP!" michael shouted and pounded his fist on the door, hoping to scare off luke.

"michael, don't do this! just open the door!" luke pounded his hand on the door, tears about to escape his eyes.

michael yelled profanities as he opened all the cabinets and drawers in the bathroom trying to find something, anything, that he could overdose on.

he looked through almost every drawer, finding nothing, until he found his mom's old pills for her back pain.

after multiple tries of him shouting, he managed to flip the cap off. he let all the blue pills spill into his small palm. he sunk to the floor, and he stopped crying. he stopped yelling. he stopped everything, before swallowing as many pills as he possible could.

❁ ❁ ❁

"ooh, that dress is cute."

camila and lauren were sitting on lauren's bedroom floor, reviewing what they bought at the mall. lauren was playing her new vinyls in the background.

"this is adorable." camila picked up the army green bomber jacket lauren bought that day. "i'm stealing it tomorrow." camila laughed.

lauren rolled her eyes, smiling. she and camila were that close that she would let her take her clothes even before she's worn it.

camila's ringtone of nobody love by tori kelly started going off and she picked up her phone. "that's weird. it's luke." camila said.

"luke?" lauren furrowed his eyebrows together. camila shrugged. "probably just to check if you're still with me."

lauren nodded before going back to putting her new clothes in her closet.

camila picked up and said cheerfully, "hello?"

when lauren heard camila grow quiet, she turned around. camila's eyed were wide, and her arm was shaking. her eyes looked glassy, and she wore an expression lauren had never in her life seen camila wear.

"camz? what's wrong?" lauren slowly inched closer and squatted next to where camila was sitting.

"it's michael." camila dropped her phone to the floor and immediately stood up. "he-he tried to kill himself, he just arrived to the hospital." camila was sobbing now, and lauren hugged her friend.

"we need to go now! i- i need to see him!" camila sobbed, and lauren nodded without a word. they ran down to lauren's car and drove as fast as possible to the hospital.

camila cried in her hands all the way there, mumbling things like "why?" or, "please be okay."

when they had finally got there, lauren grabbed camila's hand and they jogged into the emergency room.