Chapter 8

* A few weeks later, December 12th*

Jake: I'm so so sorry babe but I have to stay in Chicago until the 14th, we didn't film all of the scenes we needed to

Me: It's ok, but I still wish you could be here

Jake: No, it's not ok. I wish I could make it up to you.

Me: No baby, don't. It's ok.

Jake: Well, I was gonna do this anyway, but I have a surprise for you

Me: Can you just tell me?

Jake: No! Then it's not a surprise!

Me: Fine!

Jake: I know you'll love it though!

Me: Ok. I'm kinda tired. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I still wish you could be there.

Jake: I know, I wish I could. I love you beautiful.

Me: I love you too, bye

As much as I said it was ok, it's really not. He's the most important person in my life right now. How could he not be coming? I know he can't because of filming and I know he would if he could, but still.

Maybe I'll feel a bit better if I just watch some tv and take my mind off of it. I run to my cupboard and get some snacks, of course. I plop myself next to Mere who's laying awkwardly on the sofa. "Wanna watch Friends Mere? Of course you do." I turn the tv on and switch to the channel that Friends usually airs on. It's the episode were Phoebe convinces Ross that Rachel is his "lobster." This is probably my fav episode of friends because my favorite tv couple, along with Finchel on Glee, started dating. It reminds me that Jake is my "lobster." I was a bit hesitant when he first asked me out, but I eventually said yes, a lot like Rachel and Ross. When the episodes over, I decide to go to bed. I pile on warm blankets even though it's still 60 degrees, and sweet Mere jumps on my bed. I crawl in and turn out the light. "Good night Mere." I whisper.

My last thought before I fall asleep is of my relationship, the most amazing one I've ever had.

* The next morning *

I awake to a beautiful sky and an adorable cat in my face. "Good morning Mere!" She meows then jumps off the bed. I slowly get up and stagger into the kitchen. The oven read 8:35. It's exactly one minute before I was born, 21 years ago. My phone vibrates on the kitchen counter. I see that Jake is calling me, of course. I "slide to answer"

Jake: Happy birthday babe, and I have the exact minute!

It is 8:36 right now.

Me: Thanks babe, I didn't think you would remember the exact time

Jake: Of course I did

Me: Sorry if I sound terrible, I just, I mean JUST woke up

Jake: That's ok. Remember that surprise I told you about yesterday?

Me: Of course!

Jake: Well, it's at your door right now

Me: Um, ok

I walk to the door and open it to find Jake.

___________________________________________________________________________________

CLIFFHANGER and 2 updates in one night! Sorry if it's short :/ Just so you're not left in total suspense, Jake and Taylor just have fun at her house cooking food for her party and stuff. I might update tomorrow, but I might not have time. Tomorrow I'm getting a new piano! Also, football is on and my team plays right after my piano is gonna get here and I probably will sleep in a long time so I might not be able to update but I will try.

XOXOXO Madison