Chapter 10

* Later That Day, about an hour and a half before the party starts, Jake's Not There Anymore *

Food. Check.

Drinks. Check.

Deserts. Check.

Karaoke. Check.

The big sofa's all in the living room. Check. 

It looks like just about everything is ready to go, except me. 

I go to my enourmous walk in closet and try to find something. Let me think... I want something dressy but not really dressy. Something a little bit more dressy than casual. Most of my dresses are to fancy so, that;s not a good option. It's pretty warm out so I guess some sort of shorts or a casul skirt would do. I search and search through were I have my shorts and skirts. After awhile, I find a perfect pair, black high waisted shorts with sparkles. Just perfect. 

Now, what should I wear on the top. Again, something dressy but not oo dressy. Casual but not too casual. For this, the search seems even more impossible. I search and search for something, but find nothing. Right as I was losing hope, I found a sweater. It is sort of like a sweater but also like a normal shirt. It's a really pretty purple color, a little bit brighter than an eggplant color. It is adorned woth beautiful rhinestones/sparkles. 

Shoes. I don't really know what shoes would go with this. Heels would look terrible and make it more formal and dressy than I want it to. Boots and shorts just don't go well. Ofords. They would be perfect. I never really liked them, but a fan gave this adorable ones to me as a gift in the TParty. Once I find them, I inspect them. They are covered in sparkles a color inbetween grey and back. They lace up with about 3 eyelets. Perfect.

Once I get my shoes on, I go to my makeup collection and selsct a few things before going to my vanity. Bobbi Brown tinted moistureizer, Nars concealer, Stila pressed powder, Bobbi Brown blush, NAKED Urban Decay eye palette, Eyeko liquid pen liner, fake lashes with the glue, and my favorite COvergirl lipstick. Lately, I've been loving red lips. 

Once I coax Mere off of the vanity chair, I sit down and start working on my makeup. First, I take the tinted moistureizer, put it in spots around my face, then blend it with a foundation brush. Next, I take my Nars concealer and brush the wand under my eyes to cover any dark circles. Next, I take a fan brush and apply the pressed powder all over my face. Next, I take blush brush and apply a medium pink all over the apples of my cheeks. Next, I carefully line my upper lash line with the liner. Next, I choose 3 colors from my eye palette and put them on my lid, crease, and highlight with my eyeshadow brush. Next I put the glue on the base of the false lashes and press them on my lashline. Finally, I twist the red lipstick up and start applying it to my lips. Im done.

The final touch, the bracelet Jake gave me. 

As I emerge from my room, I look at the oven clock, 5:45. The invite said you can start coming at 6:15, but I told Jake to be here by 5:30. I wonder what's wrong. I might as well call him. 

I go to his contact, call him, and out the phone to my ear, expecting him to pick up. I get 5 rings, but nobody answered. I might as well leave a message. "Hey, you were supposed to be back at my place by now. Remember the party starts at 6:15."

_______________________________________________________________________________

2 UPDATES IN ONE HOUR?! Yes, because they were both short. Again, this is a filler chapter so I wasn't going to write a spectacular narrative. I actually did intend for it to be longer, but as I was writing, I kind of liked the way the last line was and I thought it would be a good way to end the chapter and prepare you for the coming chapters. If I post at this rate, this story will be finfished by Sunday, but the goal is to be finished by January 6th. If you read the last chapter, you saw that I offically announced the sequel! I had some ideas for the title and you can check them out if you haven't yet. I am also going to read the comments if anyone has a title recommendation. Also for the comments, what was your favorite part so far? Please comment so I can help improve the story. 

XOXOXO Madison