Prologue

THE NEOGENE PROJECT

Copyright © 2013 by AriaSummers

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. 

Prologue

It was a rainy day in Eatonville. Most of the chimneys were puffing smoke as the firewood burned out. Blake sat on his bed, staring out the window. The previous light he used to have in his eyes was gone now replaced with only a dim glow of sadness. A knock sounded on his door but he ignored it, instead concentrating on the pounding of the rain against his windows.

"Blake, I've got some hot chocolate," Evan said, his voice echoing into the room as he stood waiting outside Blake's door. No answer. After a while, Evan's feeble tries to get Blake out were cut short and he then retreated back into the house.

Blake's heart beat in his chest, air pumped through his lungs, blood rushed through his veins. Blake felt nothing. Empty, that's what he was. Empty, inside and out. He didn't care anymore. Not about school, not about food, not about football, not about his upcoming senior year of high school. None of it mattered anymore to Blake. Not one single thing.

--

A/N: Welcome back to the world of the Aria and her friends. Enjoy the sequel to The Nitsu Project. Be sure to check out our website and everything that comes with our account. Be on the lookout for the published Nitsu Project. Any comments, concerns, and anything else just let us know. We would love your constructive critiscm on The Nitsu Project so go check that out.

Hold on tight for this book is going to be one heck of a ride.

- A.S.