Chapter 8 - Senior Year

Chapter 8 - Senior Year (unedited)

Aria stopped before she had walked through the school doors. Ryan waltzed on in without a problem but stopped when she noticed Aria hadn’t gone in yet. “What’s wrong?” Ryan asked, directing her question at Aria. Aria shuddered as she forced herself to walk into the building.

“I’m starting senior year and yet I have no memories of high school before this moment. Senior year is supposed to be special, but how can it be if I feel like a freshman?” Aria thought aloud. Ryan swung her arm over Aria’s shoulder and guided her to the office.

“No worries, baby boo. You’ll do fine. At least you’ve already got the friends part of school down and that’s normally the hardest part.” Ryan tried to comfort Aria but Aria’s discomfort and nervousness was as clear as day.

The two walked into the office and straight up to the lady. Sucking in a breath, Aria spoke, “Hi, I’m new here. Aria Summers. I’m here to pick up my schedule, locker number, what ever else…” Aria trailed off as she noticed the office lady’s amused stare. Aria let out an awkward cough and leaned up against the counter, waiting patiently for the papers that were bound to head her way. The lady smiled and took out a schedule for Aria. She was about to hand it to her when she caught sight of Ryan, immediately stopping her movements.

“What’s she doing here?” The office lady spat, looking disgracefully at Ryan. Ryan let a huge smile plaster its way onto her face.

“Nice to see you too, Amelia,” Ryan beamed. Amelia, the office lady scowled and reluctantly gave Aria her schedule.

“It’s Mrs. Potters to you. And Aria, dear, stay clear of this girl if you know what’s best for you.” With that, Mrs. Potters turned back to her computer screen and began to type wildly.

Aria had arrived at school extra early so that she would have enough time to get to her locker and find all of her classes before hand. Ryan lead Aria down the hall and stopped at a blue locker on the side wall.

“Looks like this one here is yours,” Ryan said, motioning to the locker. Aria took out her lock and attached it to the gleaming blue slab of metal. “Alright, follow me. The gang tends to hang out in the quad during our free time. We usually only gossip so let me catch you up.” Ryan began to tell Aria about the ins and outs of the school. She explained the social system and ranking. How, Ellie was head of the student council and how Elliot was the school’s bad boy. Chance was apparently a former nerd who went through bad times so was the school’s odd ball before Nitsu. Casey and Scott had been dating since sophomore year and were both on school sports teams. Alex was the school’s nerd. And Ryan, she was the school’s rebel girl. That’s why Mrs. Potters despised her so much. “When I was a freshman here, I was really mad because my teacher had been fed up with me and had sent me to the office. So, Mrs. Potters had her cup of coffee just sitting out in the open and I decided to take a risk. I mean, what more did I have to lose. So I simply walked up and spit in her coffee. She came in moments later and took a sip. I started cracking up with the dribble of spit still on my chin. She just looked at me weirdly until I finally told her what happened. And that was just the beginning of my constant torture to her.”

Ryan pulled up to a halt next to the Elliot’s who were bickering once more.

“Aria likes me better, you moron. You’re a jerk, no one likes you,” Kitchin snapped, glaring, like always, at Blaze.

“Aria loves me and you know it. No one has resistance to my bad boy charms.” Blaze had amusement written on his features obviously taking pleasure in the knowledge that Ellie found the argument so annoying.

“Sorry to interrupt your annual morning quarrel but Aria is right here.” While Ellie turned quite red from embarrassment, Elliot just turned to Aria and let a smile grace his face.