Chapter 10 - Blondes

Chapter 10 - Blondes (Unedited)

Aria slid into her seat near the bonfire. Ryan sat next to her and picked up a stick. She slid a marshmallow onto it and held it out over the fire.

“Suck it up, I’ve gotten way worse,” Elliot complained, glaring at Ellie.

“But a B. I’ve never gotten a B before. I mean, who gets B’s? Not me. My mom is going to kill me when she finds out. How am I ever going to live through this. Why don’t you just kill me now!” Ellie dropped to her knees dramatically and held her head in her hands. An awkward silence settled over the Elliot’s as neither of them said anything. That’s when Kitchin burst into tears. “My m-m-mom. She’s going to k-kill me. How’d I even manage t-t-to get a B!” Blaze slowly dropped onto one knee beside Kitchin and reached out his hand.

“And watch as Elliot2 is born again,” Ryan whispered as she sat watching the Elliots’ interaction.

Elliot put his hand on Ellie’s shoulder. At first touch, Ellie stiffened up quite noticabley. But after it was obvious that his hand wasn’t going anywhere else, Ellie leaned into his touch. A couple moments later she moved her whole body so that she had buried herself into Elliot. Comfortingly, Elliot stroked Ellie’s hair as he whispered reassuring words to her.

“They won’t be able to fight it forever,” Alex mumbled as she plopped down next to Aria.

“They’re so cute!” Casey squealed as she hopped up and down off to the side of the bonfire. Elliot took that moment to look up and glare. His eyes narrowed in on the crowd that was watching his every action. Slowly, Aria watched as a light blush tinted his cheeks.

“Look who’s blushing now,” Chance’s deep voice chuckled. Elliot scowled at him.

“Says you Mr. Lover boy,” retorted Blaze. Chance shook his head as he walked over to Aria. He placed his hand on her shoulder and motioned towards her chair. Aria raised her eyebrow and waited for him to further explain. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Ryan smirk. Without another word, Chance walked away.

“What was that about?” Aria questioned once Chance was out of hearing distance.

“That’s always his seat. He’s never sat anywhere else nor let anyone else sit there. Look’s like he’s developed a soft spot for you, darling.” Aria let out a loud laugh at Ryan’s words.

“Sorry to spoil the moment but Chance hates me. He’s extremely rude and throws a fit anytime something goes his way or if I step in the wrong spot in his house. It’s highly unlikely that he’s developed a soft spot for me.” Aria rolled her eyes at the still smirking Ryan and grabbed the now golden marshmallow off of her stick. Ryan’s mouth dropped open in shock as she watched Aria swallow it whole.

“You little brat!” Ryan screeched hopping out of her chair.

“A very satisfied little brat,” Aria giggled as she winked and lept out of her chair. Ryan sprinted after her. Aria tore through the opening of the forest. She dashed as fast as she could in the direction of Chance. Before Aria knew what was happening Aria had propelled herself through the air and right onto the back of Chance. Glancing behind her Aria looked desperately around for any sign of Ryan. “Darn it! She’s invisible isn’t she?” Aria asked from atop Chance’s back.

“Probably,” he wheezed out. “Now if you don’t mind.” Chance let go of Aria’s legs and assisted her in sliding carefully off of his back. The second Aria’s feet hit the ground she was dragged away by invisible Ryan. Aria squirmed in her grasp but was unable to see her which only hindered in her ability to escape.