Chapter 22 - Waterfall

Trenton was parked outside the the dog grooming place across from Ramone's. He had been sitting in his car, or more accurately, James' car (stolen, he was here without James knowing after using some stealthy moves to sneak out the window), for an hour at least. The sun had long set. When were they going to get here? Maybe Chance had decided against Ramone's. It was entirely possible, and it's not like he would have told him.

Trenton sighed and looked back down at his phone. He tapped away pointlessly at the stupid game he was playing. His mind was elsewhere, even as his bird fell to the ground and he apparently lost his game. Stupid iPhone; stupid game.

He looked up, frustrated, and that’s when he saw it. The silver truck rolled into Ramone’s parking lot and Aria and Chance hopped out. Aria took Chance’s hand and giggled at something he said. Trenton’s heart started to splinter. The pain, the physical pain it caused him to see her with someone else, made Trenton doubt his reason’s for coming to this date again. But, after forcing himself to watch them walk into the café hand in hand, he remembered again: he was going to get Aria back no matter what the cost. The pain that it caused him didn’t matter, what mattered was the result, was when he would take Aria back from Chance’s grimy hands, once and for all.

Originally, Trenton was going to go into the café and sit in the corner, creepily watching them and accidently hear their conversation and what movie they were going to see, but he decided, after thinking about it again for a second, that that was the most stalkerish idea he had ever had. Aria probably wouldn’t appreciate that either. So, Trenton decided he would just follow them to the cinema afterwards, accidently see the same movie as them, and happen to sit in the seat behind them.

He had faith in his plans. They would work....he hoped.

He waited by the window, watching the people on the busy street. It was strange how such a small town such as this could have such an exciting night life, even though it wasn't really night yet, technically. He watched groups of friends hanging out, talking and laughing. He remembered how he used to do that with his friends, before Nitsu came and changed everything. Wow, that was forever ago.

Trenton was really hungry, but he didn't want to leave in case he missed Aria and Chance walking out. He resolved to get something at the movies.

Time passed. He continued to play the frustrating game on his phone, not advancing his score at all, despite the forty minutes he spent playing it. When he saw the two of them finally coming out of the cafe, he almost whooped with joy. He was so hungry.

He started the car and made his way to the movie theatre. He was using the car's gps to find his way, since he still didn't really know anything about the town.

When he arrived, he pulled into the parking lot and got in line. He knew the movie they were going to see. He bought his ticket for the thriller, and made his way inside. The line for snacks was reasonable, and he hoped that Aria and Chance would not see him in line to buy some chicken strips. In fact, he hoped that they were still coming. He had no interest in seeing this movie alone.

Luckily for Trenton, he saw them walk in together, and, even better, Aria did not look happy.  They weren't even holding hands anymore. He tried to hide himself as his chicken arrived. He grabbed a packet of ketchup and ducked into the theatre. If they had noticed him, they didn't say anything. He sat in an arbitrary chair, but he was going to move once he saw where Chance and Aria were sitting. The theatre wasn't too full; the movie had been out for three weeks.

They walked in together. Although before they had a separation about them that Trenton was happy with, now they seemed closer than ever. She was giggling and leaning into his body. They looked around, trying to find a seat. It was too good to be true; they actually chose the seats right in front of Trenton. So obviously they did not notice him. Hopefully, it would stay that way.