•4•

Greg understood when Calvin didn't show up for school on monday.

Of course he wouldn't want to come to school after the traumatic event he had just recently experienced.

Greg brushed off the slight worry he felt on Tuesday when he was still absent.

However, on the third day all the worry he had felt returned when he saw the man at his locker.

His face was shadowed with exhaustion and spotted with purple, light shades of yellow and green, and another color that Greg couldn't place. His arms, which Greg had gotten a glimpse of, also consisted of the same markings.

He didn't have those bruises before.

Greg would've remembered sending any of the juniors after him. Also, he highly doubted that the younger man had even left his house since the time when he last saw him.

He pushed through the small crowd that was in front of him which drew mumbled 'What's his problem?'s and 'Watch where you're going.'s from the passerby.

He watched as Calvin closed his locker before approaching the man and taking hold of one the draw strings of his bookbag. He spotted a janitor's closet and dragged the thin man with him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Calvin asked when Greg roughly shoved him into the small room. The younger man tried to push past him to leave, but Greg had just caught his wrist and pushed him back towards a shelf.

He noticed something akin to panic flicker in Calvin's eyes as he stumbled backwards.

"What happened?" Greg asked sternly.

"What are you talking about?" Calvin glanced away.

"The bruises? Did Keem get to you or something?" Greg didn't miss the way Calvin flinched at his rapist's name.

"They're nothing. It's not important, now let me out."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Now."

"Why do you even care?"

"I don't."

"Is that why you're making yourself late to class?"

"Just answer me."

"I said no."

"Then I guess we'll both be here for a while.."

Calvin shrugged and withdrew a pill bottle from his jacket. He poured one of the white rounded rectangular pills out of the orange tinted bottle before swallowing it.

Greg raised an eyebrow. "What did you just take?"

"Just a vicodin. Don't call the cops." Calvin rolled his eyes. There was just too many bruises and far too much pain for regular over-the-counter painkillers.

"What? You're out of weed so you're getting high off of painkillers?" Greg taunted.

"I only smoke because of someone having people beat the shit out of me all the time.."

"Well, you called me a cuck - which is entirely inaccurate, by the w-"

"You got me raped. I guess we're even then." Calvin wasn't looking at him.

"We're not even. Not even close. With what happened to you, we will never be even."

There was a long silence and Greg was still blocking the door.

"So are you going to tell me or will I have to tell the counselors about your little drug habits?"

Calvin slowly looked over at the older man, something of disbelief in his eyes.