Chapter 28

LEXI'S POV

I wake up in my old room. Still slightly disorientated, I check my surroundings. My hand and feet ache and I try to stand up, only to see my feet and hands bound to the bed post. I lay my head down and try to reach Nikki but my uncle has severed our link. I manage to untie myself after what seems hours of struggling. I rush to the door only to find it locked and bonded shut with a spell. I check the window but its the same thing. I search the room but I can't find anything that I could communicate with the outside world. I just hope Nikki doesn't get Xavier involved.

I lay back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. Suddenly I door opens and John walks in.

"Lexi, I'm a bit disappointed. The first lesson I thought I taught you was to never turn your back on someone." He tells me mockingly as her slowly walks towards me.

"Why are you doing this John?" I ask. I'm genuinely curious as to why he would kidnap his own family.

"Your father went missing while hunting some vampires when he was 24. At that time your mother, a newly made orphan, came to my father seeking protection. Witches always help each other out, everyone knows that so it was no surprise my father granted her permission to join our coven. When I met her I felt that instant bond and I knew that I had found my mate. A few years later, when we had already given up all hope of finding your father, Sarah, your mother, and I went on a little hunting trip." He tells me and I bet my face reflected my shock.

"We were walking in the woods when heard a rustling sound. I turned toward the noise only to see my brother stumbling out of the woods, look as young as he had the last time I had seen him. Your mother hid behind me but decided to peak over my shoulder. When their eyes locked I heard her inhale sharply. And your father was looking at her like she was his savior. The same way people said we looked at each other. Now as you now know, full witches don't have more than one soulmate much less ones that are brothers. Her father was a witch turned vampire like your father. At this time we didn't know he had turned. He came back with us and I trusted him. My father didn't though and I wish I had listened to him. A few months later a horde of vampires found us and attacked our village killing your grandfather. Your mother had to make a choice and you know who she chose. They ran away. Two years after they ran away, you and your sister were born. When you were 6 months old, I joined a legion of rouges. And i told them where you were. But i hated my brother and your mother so i told the Rouges to save them for me." he tells me while not taking his eyes of off me the whole time.

"Why are you telling me all this?" i ask him because i seriously don't know where he is going with all this.

"I just want my beloved niece to know what really happened to her parents before she joins them in the afterlife." and thats when i notice that this whole time he has walking towards me, he had had a gun in his hand.

"I'm sorry Xavier. I love you." i think as the man that raised me, aims the gun carefully at my head. Just then gun shots ring from all around the house giving me an opportunity to knock the gun out of his hand. We scramble for the gun but he gains the uper hand. John aims and quickly fires as the door opens and Nikki, Xavier, and Jace barge in. Making them the last thing i see before i black out. I think i hear Xavier screaming my name but im too far gone to know for sure.

**************

A/N

if you are a reader of this story please dont be a silent reader. i would like to know that someone out there is actually reading. Please dont post links or ask me to check out your story. If you want me to check out your story, send me a private message. i promise that i will reply. I know that its kinda short but i'm not having a motivation. okay minni rant over.

VOTE/COMMENT/PRIVATE MESSAGE ME BUT LET ME KNOW THAT I DON'T HAVE GHOST READERS.

love Maria