Chapter 26

"Are you sure you guys are ready for this?" Xavier asks me.

"Yes, you know that we are only going to follow John and then confront him. We have our vampire and witch reflexes. We can take on anyone when we're together." I tell him to keep him from worrying. I slip my arms around his waist and lay my head on his chest. I feel his chest rise up and a sigh escapes his lips.

"Fine, but you have to keep the link open at all times. okay?"

I nod agreeing but I know that if I have to, I'll close the link. My uncle would try to get into mine and Nikki's head just so he has leverage in us. I've seen him do that on countless vampires and witches who defy him. Nikki and I already thought this through. We will protect our mates even if we have to die in the process. I, personally, wouldn't be able to live with myself if Xavier was in danger for any reason.

"Lexi are you ready?" Nikki asks me pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I almost whisper back. I slowly let go off Xavier. I start to walk away put he pulls me back and I slam into his chest.

"Please be careful." He whispers and I look up to see his eyes full of tears, love, and worry. I force a smile and I feel I lump start to form in my throat. I blink back tears and nod.

"Okay." I whisper back. He tilts his head and give me a kiss. He kissed me like it might be the last time and I kissed him back just the same.

I hear Nikki clear her throat and we separate. I nod at Xavier and get the bag. I look back before I leave the house. I look over at Nikki and see that she is holding in her tears as well. We both know that there is a slight chance of not making out alive. She starts the car and we head of to the airport.

"Nikki, you don't have to be stong all the time. I can see that you're fighting to keep the tears in. Pull over so I can drive." I tell Nikki as i see her wipe tears from her eyes again. She shakes her head and keeps driving until we get to the airport.

We decided that we were going to use fake identities and travel on commercial flight like normal people do. This way John wouldn't know that we were on our way.

I wake with a start as we touch down 3 hours later. I stand up and streach. I turn toward the aisle just fast enough to catch the cute guy a few ways down staring at Nikki and I. I shake Nikki awake.

"Nikki wake up. We're here. Come on let me barrow your phone i have to call Xavier to tell him that landed. He's probably worried and mad since I broke THE promise." i tell Nikki while we are getting our carry on bags from over head. She hands me her phone and heads toward the bathroom.

I start to dial Xavier's number when I feel some one touch my shoulder with their hand. I spin around and have the stranger wrapped around my arm as if i was going to give him a twirl and start dancing with him but i know better. one of my hands has the strangers hair in a death grip.

"Damn. I just wanted to help a gorgeous girl." the guy from earlier tells me. At that moment i hear a voice coming from the phone.

I press the phone to my ear. "Xavier, we landed."

"Lexi, you are in trouble. You promised to keep the link open and i haven't been able to hear you since earlier." He nearly yells at me. The guy makes a grab to my bags. I still cant find Nikki or the bathroom and i have both phone.

"Xavier, I'm sorry but it needed to be done. I don't want you to get hurt. John would use you against me if he knows about you." I explain while trying not to give too much away because Guy was still hanging around.

"Um, who are you looking for?" Guy asks me.

"Who the he!! was that!?" Xavier asks me angrily.

"Honey you know that I only love you, but to answer your question its this wierd guy that has been following me around since we landed." I explain in a claming voice. I see Guys face fall when i tell Xavier that i love him. I shrug. "Babe i have to go I think i saw Nikki. Don't worry and please trust me when i say that I'll try everything n my power to be back home soon. Okay? Just trust me. And if I'm not able to go back i want you to be happy with someone else. Even if its Jill." I tell him barely getting it all out past the lump that had formed in my throat.

Suddenly I feel a stab in my arm. I turn around to see Guy holding a needle and injecting some type of liquid into me before the world around me goes back. The last this I hear is Xavier desperately yelling my name from the phone.