The Backseat

This story is loosely based on the urban legend of the man in the backseat. Shout out to @rosiezara for all the comments!

I loaded my shopping into the trunk of my car. Buying Christmas presents was one of my favorite things to do.
I drove along watching the lights dance across the windows of my car in the darkness, humming along to the carols playing on the radio. The streets were quiet on the drive home, apart from a car that seemed to follow me wherever I went, probably someone from my neighborhood.

I drove for a while longer, before I started to worry. The car behind me had started frantically flashing its lights at me, trying to get me to pull over. Fear filled my mind as this car continued to flash its lights and creep up closely behind my car, the man in the car behind me was following me.

I veered away from the other car turning down as many backstreets as I could, but still the man followed.
As quickly as I could I drove to the nearest gas station, hurling myself out of the car and running inside as fast as I could.
When I got inside I looked out he window and saw the man run in behind me. I screamed as he entered the gas station and walked towards me.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he said holding up his hands while moving slowly toward me,
"W-what do you want" I sobbed backing up into a wall,
"I want to warn you, to help you." He replied as he stopped moving towards me,
"Warn me of what?" I asked shakily,
"Of the man in the backseat." He said motioning towards my car, "I saw him while I was driving behind you, I saw that he had a knife".
I looked out the window towards my car and noticed that the back door was now open. I walked with the man towards my car and looked in the back. At first glance it was empty, but then the man reached in and pulled out a note. The note read 'almost got you' .

"Let me drive you to the police station" the man said "you might not be safe, he knows your car".
I agreed and after properly parking my car and locking it, I got into the man's car.
We drove down roads that were unfamiliar to me, long, dark winding roads. Soon the car stopped, I looked around,
"I don't think- where is the police station?" I stuttered turning to the man,
"Oh you are precious" he laughed, "didn't your mother ever tell you not to trust strange men?".
The man reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a gun,

"Silly girl" he whispered as he pulled the trigger.

--------------------------
The next chapter of innocent games is coming out really soon!
So this was my take on the man in the backseat legend. What do you think?
Make sure to leave a vote if you enjoyed!
XxX