Vampires

Vivian's POV

I awoke the next morning to see Zoe in her hollow again.

"D-do you like...live here..or ..something?"

"No hun, I don't."

"What did you guys finish talking about?"

"Vampire Safety Protocol."

"V-V-VAMPIRES!!!"

"Well, at leased that's what Frank called them."

I tilted my head to one side. "Frank?"

"Oh, um, doctor?"

I shook my head.

"I heard Jake mention 'him'."

I nodded my head yes, as if I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Oh! You call him 'him'. Well some call him Frank. Some call him doctor. And to bandit he's........"

She paused. For a few heartbeats, then finally spoke.

"Dad."

I tried to contain my many mixed emotions.

"DAD!!!" I screamed "'HE' IS BANDIT'S DA-" Zoe covered my mouth with her paw.

"Yes! Now be quiet!"

"OK, sorry."

I calmed down and Zoe began to explain. "When Kendra. I-I mean Bandit heard about her father's search for a test subject she was the first to volunteer. Her father, Frank, got right along with the procedure. She was soon transformed. She was treated like a princess. She thought she was the only one. Until she...discovered us. We were being treated like slaves! She gave up her 'good life' to help us escape! However, Frank had made 'Vampires'! Human-bat hybrids with the ability to fly at amazing speeds and shape-shift. Bandit had been injured during the escape. She wears a bandana to hide her scar. The 'Vampires' sometimes attack."

"They won't attack any time soon will they?"

There was a loud crash, outside followed by an alarm. There were screams outside and a horrid screeching sound.

"Well, does that answer you question Vivian?"