Chapter 5

Serenity's POV

His bare chest kept me warm in the cold night. I lay on top of him, my head on his heart beating chest and my hand on the right side of his bleached chest.

He played with my hair, staring out into the dark hallway. Everyone else was fast asleep. I listened to the steady heart beat of my spouse.

I looked up at his never closing eyes. He was still staring outside into the hallway. Smiling, I stroked his cheek.

His eyes suddenly flashed to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Things..."

"What things?" I said, playfully nudging him in the arm.

"Our relationship... The wedding.."

He held my hand with his.

"I'm nervous. What if something happens?"

"Nothing is going to happen. Trust me."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Plus I don't think a wedding is necessary. I'm already married to you."

"How come?" he asked, puzzled.

"Because I already know we're going to be together forever and I'm not really a big fan of dresses," I admitted with a laugh.

"Yeah I'm not a fan of tuxedos or anything dressy."

Jeff smiled, kissing my forehead.

The killer looked back out into the hallway. I gazed at his beautiful face. The teenage boy I knew years ago was now a handsome man.

In a few months he would be 20 years old. I wanted to do something special for his birthday. I didn't know what though. Everything I thought of was so common and boring.

Throwing a party

Going on a little date

He was too old for parties but he was always into having fun. And what were parties? Boring? I had to surprise him somehow.

"Liu!?" Jeff jumped up, holding me protectively.

Bewildered, I snapped my head up where my partner was staring in pure horror.

"What do you want!? Leave us alone! Your dead you son of a bitch!"

I quickly looked back at Jeff. His face was in anger, even though he had a slit smile. He continued yelling and holding me tightly, refusing to let go.

"Jeff! What's wrong? I don't see anyone."

"Go to hell!"

"Jeff!" I screamed. "It's ok! Please, baby. I'm here. No one is going to hurt you!" I kissed him multiple times to calm him down.

Quickly taking the knife from the night stand, Jeff pushed me off and ran full speed towards the wall. With a raised arm, he stabbed the lethal weapon through the wall. Then he continued to stab the wall multiple times.

"Jeff, stop!" I ran to his side pulling him away from the wall. A giant hole had formed.

With all my strength I threw him back on the bed. Pinning him down, I took the blade from him and gently touched his face. "Shh, shh. It's ok, sweetie. Relax."

His eyes were wider than ever. His heavy breathing made me feel uneasy. Whatever he saw really frightened him.

It took about ten minutes to calm him down. His heavy breathing became gentle and slow. "I saw... Him..."

"Saw who?" I asked, still comforting him.

"Him..."

Sweat trickled down his face. He shook in fear and anger. I took the blanket and put it over him.

"Get some sleep. You'll feel better in the morning."

Kissing him on the lips, I lay my head on his chest. Letting him know I was here, I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed my hand up and down his back until he went to sleep.

I didn't know what was wrong. I didn't see what he saw. No one was there. But whatever it was, I wouldn't let it hurt him.

~~~~~~~~~

I know that chapter was short and most likely sucked but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to write ;-;

But questions! :D

1. How do you think Serenity is going to surprise Jeff?

2. And what do you think Jeff really saw?

Let me know in the comments what you guys think and VOTE! :D