Chapter 4

Serenity's POV

The days after the Devil's Match were not like any other. Jeff always wanted to go out with me whenever I decided to step out the safety of our own home. He frequently checked the woods and made sure Hugo was doing his job in being the guard of our territory. He had little trust in everyone now. Slendy and everyone else was informed of Jane's actions. They had ordered her out of Hell, along with her demons. But some still continued to roam along the border of Heaven and Hell. 

I had trusted Hugo and everyone else in banishing Jane from our territory. From the start, Sally thought she was mean and both Jack's saw her as a bitch. I was finally at peace with her away.

Hugo was extra careful when he did his guarding duties and Sorrow did her best to scare away any predators. But during the day when Jeff was not with me for an absolutely necessary reason, I heard voices, along with cold breezes. Ghosts lived here, I obviously knew that. However there was something about these ghosts that sent endless chills up my spine. It tore through to my brain, filling it with horrible memories:

The death of one of my closest friends, never seeing my family again after the incident that happened four years ago. There's one memory that I'm missing... Oh yes the death of the bastard who hurt my love... Liu... His name made me grow tense every time I heard it. I didn't care nor did I feel for him. He deserved what he got. A bullet to the head. But the one thing that made me cry every time I thought of it was how much we had changed since Jeff had hurt Randy. Each one of us turned into killers or people who we never meant to become. I knew Liu as a sweet but a cool weirdo guy. So was Jeff. The two brothers were almost the same person. Despite Jeff's temper and the way he handled things. Liu handled things with simple words while Jeff turned to violence. Insanity got the best of us.

I sat on the half broken bed, inspecting myself in the mirror. Permanent lipstick, eyeliner, and a face as white as snow. Hair black as coal... Dry and burned. I no longer saw myself as Skyla. I saw myself as the love interest of a psychopath.

I was in love with a killer. It drove me wild. A masochistic thriller. He was my burning desire. I knew that he would love me until the day that I died.

Jeff had kept me inside the room and sternly told me to wait here until he came back. But it had been over ten minutes. You shouldn't keep a girl waiting, Jeff.

He was probably hanging with Ben or Laughy Jackie. (A nickname I had given to Laughing Jack.) Sighing, I took my axe and went outside.

Jeff's POV

"I don't know what I did, Jack. It just happened so fast. We were walking to the woods to go train when she was captured by Jane and her demons. I knew I had to fight for her. But little did I know that they would beat the living crap outta her..." The black and white clown sat in silence, listening to my every word. He put his hand on my shoulder. "No one knows what Jane's devils can do. They're unpredictable and powerful. Trust me though. You did the right thing in not making any sudden movements when they were hitting her. If you did, then that would mean that you would've lost and Jane would have claimed her as victory. You stayed strong, and I'm proud of you for that."

I smiled underneath my slit one. "Thanks, bro. That means a lot. I just want her to be safe."

"She will. With a guy like you she will," Jack reassured with a grin.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the front door of the house open. Serenity walked out, smiling at Jack and greeting me with a straight face.

"Seren! I thought I specifically told you to stay inside."