Chapter 8

The woods were endless. There were other places that I could check besides here, but if she was missing, my instincts told me to check the woods.

I desperately wanted to wake up Slendy or Jack or see if Hugo was still outside. But hell I wanted to find her not waste time!

Worry ate at my black heart. Anything could have happened to her. She could've been raped, murdered or kidnapped.

"God damn it, Seren..."

How come I didn't wake up? I always woke up even if I heard a slight creak in the floor. Was this person or thing that silent and stealthy?

After half an hour of searching I punched a bare tree in distain. I needed someone to help me...

But I never wanted help. I wanted to take care of everything myself. Just like I always wanted 8 years ago...

Screaming her name one last time, I turned to go back for help.

"Hi, honey bunny!"

A high pitch voice of happiness made me widen my eyes in relief and anger.

"Where the fuck were you!? I was worried sick!"

Serenity's face flushed a bright red. "I went out for some fresh air. I figured since I couldn't sleep well I might as well went out for a stroll."

I scowled at my partner. "Don't ever pull that shit again. You're supposed to let me know that you're leaving."

She ran at me and jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. "Aw, don't be mad at me."

"Well... You almost broke my back."

I held her tighter to prevent her from falling off. Laughing like she always did, she kissed me full on the lips.

"When's the wedding, sweet pea?"

"I thought you didn't want a wedding. Dresses aren't Ms. Serenity's thing," I teased.

Seren backed her head away from mine. "What are you talking about silly? I've never said that."

I looked at her puzzled. "Yes you did don't lie."

"Hey guys! What's going on?"

Ben came towards us with a smile. He looked at us glancing at me then Serenity.

"Did I interrupt anything?"

"No, Ben. We were just talking about the wedding."

I snapped a look at Seren.

Ben's eyes widened.

"You guys are getting married!? And none of you bothered to tell me!? I though we were close."

"Ben, we didn't want to say anything because knowing someone like you, everyone would know before it even happens! So well I guess it's no surprise anymore..."

"For me it was!" Ben slouched and sat on the ground. "No fair."

"Lighten up, Benny. It's ok. As a matter of fact your the first one to know." Seren smiled.

The short blonde's face lit up with a smile. "Really?"

"Mhm. But please don't say anything. We want everything to be a surprise."

"You can count on me!"

Our short friend gave us a last big smile and walked back towards the abandoned house we lived in.

I watched him walk away. Then I turned to face Seren and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'm sure he won't say anything... I hope."

My partner looked into my eyes. "It's ok don't worry. No matter what it's going to be the best day of my life."

I grinned and held her hand.

"It's going to be the best day of my life, too."

------------

I know I said I wasn't going to publish

until later on but it felt like a weird cliffhanger in the last chapter and I can't wait that long ;-; so yeah this is going to be the last till the new year .-..