Chapter 3

Jeff's POV

"Very well. Take her away, boys." Jane ordered the demons away from the woods. Serenity struggled to get away.

Jane held an axe in her hands. It was the one I had given my partner.

"Are you ready, Jeff?"

Not replying, I tried to make any contact of Slendy, Sally or anyone else. But we were far out into the woods. They wouldn't know what was going on.

Feeling the end of the knife with my fingers, the pouring blood dried from my slit smile.

I looked into the dark woods with determination. If I win, it'll benefit me but if I lose, apart of me will be torn away.

I'm a killer. I'm a killer. You can beat her, Jeffrey. If you could kill your brother and his little friend, then you can defeat Jane. You're a killer...

"Ok so here's the rules-"

"I already know the rules!" I snapped.

The Devils Match was a tournament which involved the killer abilities and senses. It would always be in the woods. That's where the demons lay. And they were your targets. Every devil you would kill, without any mercy. If someone had a kill, a killer couldn't interfere. He had to murder on his own.

"Alright, asshole. Show me your supposedly great skills," Jane cut off with a glare.

I stared deeply into her eyes. Black and lifeless.

She stood ready beside me. I absolutely hated how she she held Seren's axe. She looked as if she hadn't used such a thing. But the only reason she must've of did that was to make me angry.

The demons watched us from far behind. The duct tape on Serenity's mouth firmly kept her mouth shut. She was no longer whimpering.

I turned to the dark woods. Not glancing at Jane, I took off, with her beside. My fighting tactics were different from hers.

I ran towards the left of the woods, away from the dark path. Jane continued on the path.

Leaves crunched under my shoes. The leaves were black as ebony. The trees were darker.

My ears waited for any sound of foot steps. I lay low to the ground, like a cat waiting for the mouse to emerge from it's tiny little hole.

"Come on you little devil," I whispered.

It took forever for fresh kill to appear. If I couldn't see on the ground...
Quickly making my way towards a nearby tree, I tucked my knife in my hoodie pocket.

Jane was no longer in sight. After grasping onto each branch and pulling myself up, I looked down on everything from up above. Hell was a pretty nice place. Free from the demons who made your life a living hell... Being with the one you love... It was wonderful... As a matter of fact, it was beautiful.

That's when I saw a devil from farther ahead. Red horns, black body and a bloody mouth. It was in the clear for anyone who was up above to see. I couldn't see my nemesis anywhere. She could be hiding within the black bushes or right behind me for all I knew. But if she attempted to murder me, she would lose the challenge and never be permitted to fight ever again. We only killed for a purpose. Not aimlessly. Yeah, I knew I would kill anyone who would get in my way, but sometimes I would try my best not to.

With a sudden feeling of confidence, I looked in all directions to find another tree to jump onto. Luckily there was and I swiftly swung from one branch to the next. After every swing, I checked for any sign of Jane. Still spotting nothing, I continued making my way closer toward the demon.