Chapter 9

After discussing plans for the wedding it was only a few weeks until the best day of our lives would happen. We hadn't told anyone yet but we had talked about it with Slendy cause he was the kind of guy everyone could trust. And we needed approval before anything unexpected happens...

The plans were already taken cared of. Now the next step was making the big announcement.

I sat with Seren in the living room along with everyone else. Sally clutched her teddy bear tightly as she awaited what we were going to say.

Both Jacks sat next to each other and Ben sat on the floor like he always did. Smile sat next to me, his tail wagging.

"Hurry tell us I'm dying to know!" Eyeless Jack sat up on his knees and stared at us with anxious eyes.

I looked at Serenity, smiling. She smiled back.

"Well... Me and Jeff..." She held my hand tightly. "Me and Jeff are getting married."

Suddenly a whole chorus of CONGRATS and OH MY GOSH sounded through the living room.

"Well I'm not surprised," Laughing Jack muttered.

"Really!? Can Mr. Snuggles be the ring bear?"

"Oh my devil bro why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"Bark bark!"

Jeff pointed at each member of our family as he answered each question.

"You're never surprised, Jack."

"Sure, Sally."

"Because we wanted it to be a surprise."

"I know, boy it's great news." He patted Smile's head.

That's when Seren looked around the room. "Where's Hugs?"

The demon jester rarely ever came inside the house. He took his job very seriously of guarding our territory.

"I don't know. He's most likely outside like he always is."

Sally jumped to her feet. "Do you want me to get him?"

I declined her offer. "No it's ok, Sal. Hugo is busy. Leave him alone."

The little girl sat back down. "Ok he's been acting strange lately."

The rest of the day and so on was just talking and excitement for the wedding. It was overwhelming. Especially when it came for the special clothing for the big day.

I had always only worn the same hoodie and black pants. But I washed clothes don't worry! I'm not that disgusting.

Serenity wanted me to be a nice clean gentleman because supposedly she liked me for my "natural" boy smell. (I guess it was the cologne I always wore she probably just got used to it)

But one thing that I noticed about Seren after that night when she disappeared, she often talked to herself and laughed but not in a good way. If I left her, I could hear her whisper and mutter things to herself. It wasn't like her. Maybe that night I almost died of fright from seeing him. She must've saw it too.

~~~~~~~~

Hugo's POV

Jeff...

There's something I must tell you.

I've done something. I cannot reveal the darkness I have created, it's for your own good.

The woods was always the same ordinary land. No one interfered with our territory ever since the girl left.

I gave you everything you ever wanted. A beautiful woman, a new life. It's everything that would ever make a man happy. But, this new desire was not of yours. Not of mine. It is not to make you satisfied. It is not to make you relieved.

It is to anger you. To break you...

Please forgive me. It wasn't my decision. Nothing is my decision... Only what the human requests the human will get.

If I never see the bright side of you again I just want to say I'm sorry.

A demon serves evil. That is my purpose. For evil, for sins. I have many sins in which of satisfied me but have hurt others.

What I had made will not damage only you, but the one thing you have ever wanted.