Chapter 26

"Uncle J!" Dinah yells, running towards my brother, Jared.

"Hi pumpkin!" Jared yells back in the same tone, picking her up.

He puts her on one hip, tickling her with his other hand. Kissing his cheek, Dinah wraps her arms around his neck. We all head into the kitchen, sitting at the table. Dinah refuses to sit in her seat, not wanting to move from J.

"What's going on, big brother?" J asks, Dinah playing a game on his phone. "Have you had any word?"

"Nope. Nothing from Adam, or Ayana." I sigh, J nodding a saddened expression clear on his face.

It goes silent, besides the game music and noises resonating from J's phone.

"Daddy, can you get me some grapes?" Dinah looks up at me, me complying.

I go to the fridge, grabbing the bag of grapes. I grab a bowl, and start rinsing off a some grapes.

The phone rings out of the blue, surprising me and J. J stands up, bringing Dinah with him. As I finish putting the grapes in the bowl, I hear J answer the phone. I dry my hands, hearing J say oh my God. With furrowed eyebrows, I start to walk out of the kitchen, but J is right there with the phone.

"Who is it?" I question, J holding a shocked look while Dinah looks like she wants to cry.

J hands the phone to me, me putting it against my ear.

"Hello?" I question.

"Hey babe."

Hey guys! I posted a new book called Depressed Soulmates, on my main account (loversisland- ) and I would love for you to check it out. Thanks so much.